Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking at Stores

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009 | 10:14 PM
Heritage632
Tourer

Yeah, last I checked there weren't any rules with regards to where one could and couldn't ride their bike. The ones who truly like to ride, in my opinion are the ones who ride anywhere and everywhere whether its to the movies, store, shopping or what have you. They take their bike because they enjoy riding it...period. Then there are those that think you're "uncool" unless you are riding to a certain place at a certain time for a certain reason (same guys who say windshields are for sissys...because they are more "hardcore" with the wind blowing their helmet off...LOL...oh yeah, I forgot, only sissys wear helmets!). Those are usually the same guys who now think they are meaner and tougher because they are a "biker". I ride my bike everywhere!

Old 11-23-2009 | 10:40 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

hilarious!

to the two ****** talking about what bike is easier to replace...shut up...who wants to have to replace their bike?

running in to grab a pack of smokes? park on the sidewalk so u dont take up a spot.

spending a few minutes? park legally where your bike wont get effed up.

afraid of the dark? leave it home with your ********* and steal your son's schwinn...make sure you lock it up though.

aloha,
toastman

Old 11-23-2009 | 11:51 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior

big areas of blue stripes between handi cap spots
I'd have no problem issuing for that action. Just watch a van with the hydraulic lift to remove a motorized chair from a specialized van and you will see why the room is needed. What you may find is that the van's lift has not moved your bike a few feet from it's original location in addition to the three hundred dollar summons.

Old 11-24-2009 | 03:12 AM
reddog8145
Road Captain

Parking bikes in the uk is not so much of an issue, I tend to park away from the cars and is areas that dont inconvenience the public. I do some times park on the pavement ( side walk ) for security reasons. if you park ina parking space your expected to get a ticket to show you've paid for the spot, the only problem is jokers take the ticket off the bike and then you get a big fine for no ticket. The local authorities make loads of cash out of parking and bikes are down the list for parking bays. I went to Blackpool the other week to see the Christmas lights. The local authority have spent a fortune on new parking and ther facilities so I go to the Motor cycle area only to find it next to public toilets, which the local drunks frequent. needless to say I went else where.

Reddog UK

Old 11-24-2009 | 06:30 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

to the two ****** talking about what bike is easier to replace...shut up...who wants to have to replace their bike?

The whole reason for this thread. Some of us park in safer areas so as not to have to replace our bikes.

Last edited by Faast Ed; 11-24-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2009 | 06:59 AM
twisted125
Road Master

subscription - deleted

Old 11-24-2009 | 07:26 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
That's about the stupidist post on this thread.

The whole reason for this thread. Some of us park in safer areas so as not to have to replace our bikes. Hello?

Go hide behind your keyboard and talk some more chit, you coward.
thats the point i was making...you two were going back and forth about what's easier to replace...but no one in their right mind wants to have to replace their bike so it's really not an argument worth having...for me, my bike is the hardest to replace, and for you, i'm sure yours is...catch my drift?

park your bike where you will have peace of mind, whether it's on the sidewalk or a makeshift parking spot...if you can go into the store, get what you need to get, come back out and your scoot is there unharmed then it doesnt matter where you park

Old 11-24-2009 | 07:33 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by toastman
thats the point i was making...you two were going back and forth about what's easier to replace...but no one in their right mind wants to have to replace their bike so it's really not an argument worth having...for me, my bike is the hardest to replace, and for you, i'm sure yours is...catch my drift?

park your bike where you will have peace of mind, whether it's on the sidewalk or a makeshift parking spot...if you can go into the store, get what you need to get, come back out and your scoot is there unharmed then it doesnt matter where you park
Yeah, I "get it" now. LOL

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll clean up my other post.

Be safe.

Old 11-24-2009 | 08:00 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

I did get accosted by the parking **** at the local Costco the other day. Saw my helmet under my arm and decided she needed to explain that the concrete apron in front of the store and the striped area near the handicap parking wasn't for motorcycles. She went on to explain they had a specific parking area around the corner of the building for bikes and acted surprised when I declined to move my bike from the main lot (in a legit spot) to the designated area behind the store. Funny how folks that don't ride have the best ideas on where to park bikes.

Old 11-24-2009 | 08:30 AM
Heritage632
Tourer

Originally Posted by Inspector 12
I did get accosted by the parking **** at the local Costco the other day. Saw my helmet under my arm and decided she needed to explain that the concrete apron in front of the store and the striped area near the handicap parking wasn't for motorcycles. She went on to explain they had a specific parking area around the corner of the building for bikes and acted surprised when I declined to move my bike from the main lot (in a legit spot) to the designated area behind the store. Funny how folks that don't ride have the best ideas on where to park bikes.
Why were you accosted by the parking **** (LOL) if you were in the main lot in a legit spot? She just wanted to "help" you find a better spot?

Last edited by Heritage632; 11-24-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Parking at Stores