Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking at Stores

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009 | 09:12 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
I don't park my bike anywhere.

In fact, I don't even ride it, because I'm afraid something might happen.

I used to keep it in my garage, until I realized I may scratch it working on another project.

Now I keep it in climate controlled secure storage, wrapped in pillows and behind 2 locked gates and 3 padlocks.

Bullshiat.

Ride the friggin thing, I ride it to the store, the bar, restaurant, Walmart, Kmart, Fastmart, Gomart, the movies and to Oklahoma.

Some of you posers make me laugh.
Poser = Not wanting your bike knocked over or stolen???????

Let me get this straight.

You spend endless hours modifying your motor, more hours on the dyno getting it dialed in just perfect, and wanting to protect it makes you a POSER?????

Dam I learn a lot from these boards!!!!!! bwaha!

Old 11-21-2009 | 09:19 AM
Doug S
Road Master

I am so underwhelmed...

This is the type of thing I don't care for in our community. Sure, our rides are special to us, but we are not special to everyone else out there. Ever go to a busy parking lot in your car(truck) and find some guy with a new hot car parked diagonally accross the last two spots, to avoid door dings? How about that person parking in a handicapted spot with the proper tags, who jumps out and trots into the store. But because we ride Harleys it makes it Ok to park where ever we want...yeah right!!

And I agree with the guy a couple of posts up, it's a bike, it's made to ride and be used. If you want something to look at, sell the bike and go by a chrome statue. Some would be better off with a painting, don't have to polish that.

Doug, ...Who is heading out to a few stores right now and then taking the long way home...

Old 11-21-2009 | 09:46 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by Doug S
I am so underwhelmed...

This is the type of thing I don't care for in our community. Sure, our rides are special to us, but we are not special to everyone else out there. Ever go to a busy parking lot in your car(truck) and find some guy with a new hot car parked diagonally accross the last two spots, to avoid door dings? How about that person parking in a handicapted spot with the proper tags, who jumps out and trots into the store. But because we ride Harleys it makes it Ok to park where ever we want...yeah right!!

And I agree with the guy a couple of posts up, it's a bike, it's made to ride and be used. If you want something to look at, sell the bike and go by a chrome statue. Some would be better off with a painting, don't have to polish that.

Doug, ...Who is heading out to a few stores right now and then taking the long way home...
Please come back and update us on where you parked. LMAO!

BTW: Mine is for riding, that's why the motor is built. No bling on this bike. I will make an effort to protect it whether you insult me or not. LOL

Lemme guess, yours is a stocker that's easy to replace???? (I thought so).

P.S. Bite me.

Old 11-21-2009 | 09:51 AM
Tao3535
Road Captain

Originally Posted by glenalt
I always park in an appropriate space unless I'm at a hotel and then I get permission to park it outside the front doors under cover and in the lights.
+1, hotels are nice about that. Stores, I park well away from cages.

Old 11-21-2009 | 10:16 AM
Heritage632
Tourer

[quote=Doug S;5873935]I am so underwhelmed...

This is the type of thing I don't care for in our community. Sure, our rides are special to us, but we are not special to everyone else out there. Ever go to a busy parking lot in your car(truck) and find some guy with a new hot car parked diagonally accross the last two spots, to avoid door dings? How about that person parking in a handicapted spot with the proper tags, who jumps out and trots into the store. But because we ride Harleys it makes it Ok to park where ever we want...yeah right!! ....end quote

Thats exactly right Doug. Just like a couple of posts ago someone mentioned that no one had the ba**s to tell him to move his bike off the sidewalk. Reality of it is most are not going to stick around to tell you to move, they will just walk by and bump the bike or possibly scratch it. Again, it draws too much attention and people think that you think you're too good to park in a regular spot. These are the same people who will key the car that is double parked because they couldn't find a spot..

Just like you said, our rides are very special to us and we certainly are not wrong for trying to protect them but they are NOT special to everyone else. I just try to park will my bike will not draw any unwanted attention.

Steve

Last edited by Heritage632; 11-21-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-21-2009 | 10:23 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tao3535
+1, hotels are nice about that. Stores, I park well away from cages.

I was traveling through WV and they were predicting some REALLY bad storms and they actually let me bring it inside and put it in the lobby.

Old 11-21-2009 | 10:45 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Poser = Not wanting your bike knocked over or stolen???????

Let me get this straight.

You spend endless hours modifying your motor, more hours on the dyno getting it dialed in just perfect, and wanting to protect it makes you a POSER?????

Dam I learn a lot from these boards!!!!!! bwaha!

I never named a name.

If the shoe fits.....

I ride mine. I ain't worried about a scratch. I outrun and outmile most.

Usually when I go to the walmart I'm 1500 miles from home.

Last edited by SafetyMan; 11-21-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2009 | 10:53 AM
1stForceRecon
Cruiser

See, I just went out and got a few of them "Sons of Anarchy" stickers and a tee shirt at the local Wally-World and now I can park any dang place I want to.

Seriously, .... if the "B" needs something from the store I send her, or one of the dang-namit kids I feed, cloth, and pay for, so they have something worth while to do for the day besides breath my air and sit on the dang 'puter all day.

What is this board turning into.... Ask Oprah?

Then again I'm born in Detroit, and we know not to touch other people's stuff.

Now its nice today (in Detroit anytime it gets above 32 degrees in Nov is a nice day) and I'm going to run out to the local movie theater and park my bike, only to stand close enough to see it, and have some fun. Oh, but first I have to stop and get some ammo for my concealed pistol.

Old 11-21-2009 | 10:55 AM
anubisss
Banned

It would be nice if all stores and parking lots provided separate motorcycle parking as we are "green" compared to most cars. There are a few places I go where they have special MC parking in the parking structures.

Old 11-21-2009 | 11:05 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by anubisss
It would be nice if all stores and parking lots provided separate motorcycle parking as we are "green" compared to most cars. There are a few places I go where they have special MC parking in the parking structures.
Good point!

The health club that my son and I belong to has a large 'motorcycle only' area. Wonderful. But there are always cars parked in them. Arrg!
They don't enforce that like they would for handicap.
And like I said, it's a health club. Likely some big no-neck guys and I wouldn't want to hurt their fists with my face. But yeah, they got the motorcycle parking.

Last edited by Faast Ed; 11-21-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Parking at Stores