Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking at Stores

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:53 PM
Glenn W
Tourer

I'll park in triangle shaped odd spots at the end of a row, otherwise I just use regular parking places. The diagonal striped area between two handicapped spots? No way, it'd be all I could do not to key it. If I was in a wheelchair van and couldn't use that open handicapped spot because my ramp would be blocked by some guy lucky enough to be able to ride and walk.............................you know, I'd probably just lower the ramp on the damn bike and pretend I didn't see it.

Last edited by Glenn W; 11-20-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2009 | 08:28 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

Back into a regular parking space. I position the front tire even the bumpers of the cars on either side so hopefully the bike will get noticed before someone whips into my space.

Old 11-20-2009 | 08:40 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

It depends who I am with if there is a few of us we will park in a spot on the street and take it all up when I am alone I pull right on the sidewalk here in nyc the streets are pretty crowded i like to keep out of harms way the best I COULD.

Old 11-20-2009 | 08:45 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

I park anywhere, just as if I was in a car or truck. What's with you guys worrying about a cager running your bike over when it's in a paking space. How fast are people driving in a parking lot that they can't see your bike and stop in time. I'm in CA where there's loads of nuts and fruits and I've never seen anything even close to what you're describing. The parking spaces are huge when you're on a bike. Use it!

Old 11-21-2009 | 12:03 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

I do not park on the side walk anywhere. Draws too much unwanted attention and it's inconsiderate to my fellow citizens.....

Old 11-21-2009 | 12:21 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior

I've know a couple of guys have their bikes backed over or hit by someone backing up in a parking lot. I consider this the biggest threat in any parking lot - cages backing up without looking. This actually happened twice to one friend. I try to get near the front of the store if possible. If not, I look for a light pole or other obstacle to park next to -- limits the angles it can get hit from.

Old 11-21-2009 | 12:47 AM
Rustell
Road Warrior

No way would I ever ride my Bike to WalMart...heck I won't even drive my truck there...I take the wifes car.
If I can...I try to park in those end spots..next to the little islands with the trees and bushes...Less chance of anyone "Bumping " your ride.

Old 11-21-2009 | 08:43 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

i park on the stripes that are marked off at the end of a row at the grocery store, usually next to the police car under the lamp post that says surveillance camera. as long as it is seen like in front of restaurant i am fine.

as for wal-mart i park in the automotive service section next to the other bikes, safety in numbers

Last edited by tk353; 11-21-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-21-2009 | 08:52 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't park my bike anywhere.

In fact, I don't even ride it, because I'm afraid something might happen.

I used to keep it in my garage, until I realized I may scratch it working on another project.

Now I keep it in climate controlled secure storage, wrapped in pillows and behind 2 locked gates and 3 padlocks.

Bullshiat.

Ride the friggin thing, I ride it to the store, the bar, restaurant, Walmart, Kmart, Fastmart, Gomart, the movies and to Oklahoma.

Some of you posers make me laugh.

Old 11-21-2009 | 08:56 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by WarriorHD
I do not park on the side walk anywhere. Draws too much unwanted attention and it's inconsiderate to my fellow citizens.....
More often than not, the sidewalks are real wide and span the entire front of the store. Unless you park right in front of the door, you aren't being inconsiderate to anyone.
Besides, it's those same "fellow citizen's" that'll run it over out in the parking lot. LOL (Or leave the loose shopping carts to do it).

Quick Reply: Parking at Stores