Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking at Stores

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009 | 08:32 AM
CruzN
Road Master
Default Parking

I usually park at the end of the lanes where the yellow stripes are.
They ones that are there because the lanes are diagonal and there isn't enough room for a car.

Never between handi-cap lanes. I know that space show be used by side lift van.

But if you really want to get something started, start a threat about how many people have handi-cap plates that jump out of their cars with jogging suites and sprint into Wal Mart. They used to be reserved for wheelchair's only but seem to give them to anyone now that can get a doctor's note.

Old 11-24-2009 | 09:22 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

^^But if you really want to get something started, start a threat about how many people have handi-cap plates that jump out of their cars with jogging suites and sprint into Wal Mart. They used to be reserved for wheelchair's only but seem to give them to anyone now that can get a doctor's note.^^

i work at a gym with a big glass enclosed entrance. the whole season when i'd ride to work out or to work id pull the bike up on the sidewalk outside the glass so someone i work with would always have eyes on it (if not myself when i was working). finally corporate management comes into inspect the club and i get into a fight with them about my bike being parked there. they tell me to move it across from where i was parked and put it on the diagonal blue lines btw the handicapped spots. i did this for like two weeks until i'm parking one day as an SUV pulls up next to me. the guy gets out WITH A GYM BAG, BOXING GLOVES, A JUMP ROPE, etc. and tells me the spot is for handicapped only...

i moved it back to the original spot, figuring it'd be easier to argue with my boss than some azzhole with a sense of entitlement

Old 11-24-2009 | 09:42 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

+1, I had a friend who parked her bike between 2 cars in the parking lot, a truck pulled in without seeing her bike and smashed it, totally lost ouch!

Originally Posted by DECON BLUE
Farther away from the cagers the better IMHO.

Old 11-24-2009 | 10:41 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by Heritage632
Why were you accosted by the parking **** (LOL) if you were in the main lot in a legit spot? She just wanted to "help" you find a better spot?
I think he was saying that the employee "assumed" he was the one in the wrong spot, because of his helmet.

Old 11-24-2009 | 12:18 PM
glenalt
Road Master

Another thought. When I park in a regular space I don't pull all the way in but I leave it toward the rear of the space. That way cagers can see it without pulling in.

Old 11-24-2009 | 01:26 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

I park on the stripes that are marked off at the end of a row. Bikes parked in regular spaces are likely to get hit by a cage whipping into the space too fast.

Old 11-24-2009 | 04:52 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geoff
I park on the stripes that are marked off at the end of a row. Bikes parked in regular spaces are likely to get hit by a cage whipping into the space too fast.
I park in the same area...only comment I've ever gotten from a cop or security was "That's where I park mine too."

Old 11-24-2009 | 09:38 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

From the first few pages of this thread I was beginning to think all you guys did was hang out at Wally World.
I've seen many bikes using the "endzones" nearest the stores and never saw a cop stop and give any static around Atlanta. It seems just natural to park bikes there where they're seen better, but I'm sure there are cagers who feel like we're just like the handicap spot sprinters.

Old 11-25-2009 | 05:53 AM
Heritage632
Tourer

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
I think he was saying that the employee "assumed" he was the one in the wrong spot, because of his helmet.
Yeah, my bad. I went back and re read and I guess there was another bike she was referring to...I think.