Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black 10" risers for my Train???

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 AM
fourthhorseman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

j&p has 9.5" risers with 1.5" pullback. let me know how the work, i been thinking the same thing.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:11 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I got 10" risers from Jirech cycles. Then just take a piece of 1" chromoly tubing, cut to desired lenght. Powder and chrome, dont worry about knurling there straight bar. Then you got a set of real drag bars with no pullback.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:16 PM
sBender
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ran a GIS on "black 10 inch". The results were scary.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:20 PM
gaffney
Advanced

Guys, thanks for all of the replies.

These, or something similar, are the bars I am looking at: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

If you check the specs, they only have a 4.75" pull back. That is perfect for the setup I'm trying to pull off.

Because I want to keep, or stay very close to, my current sitting angle, anything over 5.5" pull back (including the curve of the riser) will not work.

Straight 10" risers will do the job. I would really hate to pay for chrome just to PC them black, if I can avoid it. However, it's looking like 8" may be my only option if I want to go with black out of the box.

bgibbster, SMT is one of the sellers I messaged. I sent them a message last week and still no response. They sell 8" black spike risers and may end up having to buy them. Did you receive your risers and what's the quality like?

Old 11-18-2009, 06:32 PM
hrlydstn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe www.tejasthumpcycles.com has what you are looking for.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
gaffney
Advanced

Originally Posted by dgvnk
I believe www.tejasthumpcycles.com has what you are looking for.
Damn it! They do have what I'm looking for, but they aren't accepting orders!!! I clicked "Buy Now" and it came up with the following:

Sorry, Tejas Thump Cycles Is closed for re-structuring. Due to a forced foreclosure, the original owner has taken back the website and is In Process of working with Are-Us.Com to distribute our motorcycle products in the near future.

I went to the Are-Us.com site just to see if they had them yet, but they didn't.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:08 PM
bgibbster
Tourer

When I had drag bars I put the 8" chrome spike risers, they were good quality and the finish was good. I liked them some much I have a 3" spiked set with my 16" apes

Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM
gaffney
Advanced

Originally Posted by bgibbster
When I had drag bars I put the 8" chrome spike risers, they were good quality and the finish was good. I liked them some much I have a 3" spiked set with my 16" apes
I sent a message to SMT from their listing and they responded within 24 hours. I guess they ignore direct messages that don't include a product in the subject. Either way, they said they do not have 10's, so I may end up ordering a set of 8's. Not sure if I want the black since they are anodized, which does have a different appearance than paint or PC. May end up with chrome.

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:04 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

wild 1 and west coast t-bars both make a 10" straight riser T-bar. (called chopper bars).
when you go from 6-10" of rise, due to the angle of your rake, your bars will be much closer to you(you may be surprised how much). You will loose the back angle you mentioned earlier. To combat the rake in the riser, You could buy a an ape hanger instead. With the apes, you can adjust them more parallel to the ground to allow you to maintain your back angle.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:09 PM
gaffney
Advanced

Rounder, thanks for the input.

However, I've already ordered all of my parts. I order the 8" chrome spike risers, which came Monday, and the black drags in the link I posted above, which should arrive next week. I believe this configuration will do the trick.

Quick Reply: Black 10" risers for my Train???