Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Custom Cycles - Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I didn't read the first post but after reading this one you sound like an up front man. The fella you were dealing with must be also,with the two of you working things out. Some times things just get a little out of hand.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
DarkTrak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 BUMP. Recieved mine two days later...to Hawaii!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
twisted125
Road Master

Actually just got in from the garage, put on the new risers and bushings . . . fit like a glove

Old 02-16-2010, 07:16 PM
baddboyy95
Intermediate
Default Ape hangers from Hill Country

I hope they are easy to work with , because I just emailed them about a clutch cable I received with my apes. The cable will not adjust out enough to be able to work. With the cable installed into trans cover the cable has to be adjusted all the way out and then about another 1/2 in. before it is tight. The lights switch is also messed up but I haven't even looked at it yet. I just know it seems to be loose and seems to be shorting out when switching from low beam to high beam. So I will have to say I'm not a bit pleased with their product.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:38 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddboyy95
I hope they are easy to work with , because I just emailed them about a clutch cable I received with my apes. The cable will not adjust out enough to be able to work. With the cable installed into trans cover the cable has to be adjusted all the way out and then about another 1/2 in. before it is tight. The lights switch is also messed up but I haven't even looked at it yet. I just know it seems to be loose and seems to be shorting out when switching from low beam to high beam. So I will have to say I'm not a bit pleased with their product.
What clutch cable do you have?

Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
baddboyy95
Intermediate

it is a motion pro armour coat part number 49339 74 inches in length. Im using them on a 1995 badboy with 18 inch apes.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
baddboyy95
Intermediate

I talked to Robert Smith about my problem and all he told me to do was adjust the clutch on the derby side. I dont see that solving my problem and i didnt have a clutch problem or out of adjustment before adding the apes. I think the cable was just made out of specs from the factory, but thats just me. Im going to my local shop to see what they can do for me. I WILL NOT BE WORKING WITH HILL COUNTRY again.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer

I talked to Robert Smith about my problem and all he told me to do was adjust the clutch on the derby side. I dont see that solving my problem and i didnt have a clutch problem or out of adjustment before adding the apes. I think the cable was just made out of specs from the factory, but thats just me. Im going to my local shop to see what they can do for me. I WILL NOT BE WORKING WITH HILL COUNTRY again.
I had an issue with my clutch cable too. I had to adjust it on the derby side. My guess would be the stock cables and the new cables are slightly different thus needing to adjust where the derby cover is located. Get a manual. You will be surprised what big of a difference it makes.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:24 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

You are a good man, although some members here once trashed me for mentioning that Larosa guys made terrible products and sent me things that won't work with my bike depsite my questions to them.
I had to bring the admins to stop the harrasment and name calling..
Glad you settled this one out.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:20 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer

Any luck with the clutch cable?

Quick Reply: Hill Country Custom Cycles - Please Read