Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland 2nd Seat uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009 | 09:43 PM
aussieonroute66
|
Intermediate
Default Heartland 2nd Seat uncomfortable

I recently had installed the Heartland E-Z ROCK-R Conversion on my 08 Rocker C along with the 2nd seat.

Did a 3 hour run the other day with the missues and she is complaining that the 2nd seat is too hard and very uncomfortable after about 30 mins.

I recently sold my 08 FXSTC so she is use to the comfort of the HD standard seat on that bike, but knew the Heartland seat wasn't going to be as comfortable as the stock Softail Custom pillion.

Question: any of you guys had the same issue and if so what changes did you make to the 2nd seat to rectify ?

Cheers

Old 11-15-2009 | 09:47 PM
dkyork
Tourer

Originally Posted by aussieonroute66
I recently had installed the Heartland E-Z ROCK-R Conversion on my 08 Rocker C along with the 2nd seat.

Did a 3 hour run the other day with the missues and she is complaining that the 2nd seat is too hard and very uncomfortable after about 30 mins.

I recently sold my 08 FXSTC so she is use to the comfort of the HD standard seat on that bike, but knew the Heartland seat wasn't going to be as comfortable as the stock Softail Custom pillion.

Question: any of you guys had the same issue and if so what changes did you make to the 2nd seat to rectify ?

Cheers
It might need to be broken in some. I know I plan on buying one soon and my other foam seats were a little hard at first until I broke in the foam. I'll be interested to hear from other people and to see if your seat gets more comfortable.

Dale

Old 11-15-2009 | 09:51 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Send it to Mean City Cycles for a seat mod. They will fix it up good.

Old 11-15-2009 | 10:36 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

it needs a break in period as stated above.......... .it is high quality seat made by danny grey............is your shocks set up too hard?........i did hear that the ride rack n rest seat sucks thou cuz its angled towards the back and feels like ther gonna slide off .........

Old 11-15-2009 | 11:06 PM
murlsquirl
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Send it to Mean City Cycles for a seat mod. They will fix it up good.
Yep, those dudes are awesome.

Old 11-16-2009 | 09:16 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

Mean City will hook you up

Old 11-16-2009 | 01:41 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

My wife rode 11 hours on that second seat. Of course the sissy bar was redone but had no problems with the seat. I am sending my seat out to mean city cycles this winter.

Old 11-16-2009 | 04:52 PM
boosteddelslow
Tourer

You would think for how much those seats cost they would be comfy right out of the box.

Old 11-16-2009 | 05:20 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by boosteddelslow
You would think for how much those seats cost they would be comfy right out of the box.
+1 no kidding.

Old 11-16-2009 | 08:41 PM
NightTrainRob
Tourer

I have both of the seats, my girl complained about the Rider/rack/rest seat cause as stated above about feeling like she was sliding off...and the seat with the back rest she likes, not a complaint yet and I have no suspension on my bike in the rear

Quick Reply: Heartland 2nd Seat uncomfortable