Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009 | 04:58 PM
NorthRocker
|
Novice
Default Rocker C changes

Hey everyone. New to the forums so not exacty sure where to look around. Hope I'm in the right area. Anyway a couple of questions about the Rocker. Just got myself an '09, put on the 2" BR V&H and the Screamin Eagle big breather. I have found that now it's hard to get on the back brake because the breather sticks out and am looking for a trick way to extend it out about an 1" or so. Haven't found anything yet. The other thing I want to do is get rid of that silly tucked away seat and replace it, I've seen some good looking seats online and am wondering where some good places to look around at. thanks for the help and look forward to meetin some riders here.

Old 11-14-2009 | 05:10 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Not sure what to tell you about the brake / SE Heavy breather. I've got the same setup and I haven't had any issues. You may be a taller guy than me or something.

Probably the most popular seat for the Rocker C is to put a Danny Gray on or put the stock Rocker FXCW seat on. There are several others on here that went with the Heartland kit which not only replaces the seat but it also replaces the rear fender to eliminate the gap between the two. And last but not least you could put a springer seat on which is what I did and a couple others on here.

Welcome to the forum!

--Mike

Last edited by rubiconMike; 11-14-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-14-2009 | 05:29 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

I went with the Danny Gray seat and have had no regrets at all. It's great quality and it gave me the look I was going for.

Welcome

Old 11-14-2009 | 05:29 PM
NorthRocker
|
Novice

Thanks Mike. I was lookin around the Danny Gray site, and the seats look amazing! The Heartland thing is definately an option as well. I'm not overly tall, 6'. Just found that in order to get on the pad I have to turn my foot inwards because it's out around the breather, maybe once I change the seat it will lower it some and it won't be an issue. Anyone that has changed the seat out know how much if any it lowers it? Nice look Alain, is that the Heartland kit?

Old 11-14-2009 | 05:33 PM
Rocker-Mike
Cruiser

I'm 6'-1" and have had no issues with the rear brake or Heavy Breather. I did not like the original seat and went with the Danny Gray seat. Best mod so far.

Old 11-14-2009 | 05:39 PM
TheGreatMrPoo
Intermediate

what Fuel management option have you gone with?

Old 11-14-2009 | 05:41 PM
Punk_Rocker
Cruiser

Hello NorthRocker,

I know exactly what you're talking about with the brake and the heavy breather. I just got used to the breather being there, but did think about some solutions.

The first is going to a larger brake pedal, HD sells them in a bunch of styles and I'm sure you could find them from other after maket manufacturers in any style you like, that should make it easier to get to the brake.

If you don't want a big fat looking brake pedal you could change the angle of the brake lever.

There are now several choices for new seats on the Rocker C. One of the cheapest and easiest is replacing the C seat with the solo seat from the FXCW. Danny Grey seems to be one of the favorites around here. Heartland has a seat that goes with their EZ-Rocker set up and a Rock-N-Bobber spring seat that is pretty cool. There is another company but I can't remeber their name that does a seat and matching brake rotors and some other cool stuff.

Go to: https://www.hdforums.com/articles/20...-features.html

To read more about the bike and find links to all the threads for Rockers.

Old 11-14-2009 | 08:53 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

i gat the fxcw seat way way better
welcome to the nuthouse!!

Old 11-15-2009 | 11:21 AM
NorthRocker
|
Novice

A lot of reading, I love it!! Looking at the different styles of Rockers is fantastic! I think it's the beauty of this ride, the changes you can do to it. I've looked at the bigger pads, but I want the sleakness like the pedal there now. I like the looks of those soft saddles ya got there Punk Rocker, haven't seen one with the saddles on it and was wondering what it would do to the look. Same as the apes there Mike nice lookin rides

Old 11-16-2009 | 07:03 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by NorthRocker
Thanks Mike. I was lookin around the Danny Gray site, and the seats look amazing! The Heartland thing is definately an option as well. I'm not overly tall, 6'. Just found that in order to get on the pad I have to turn my foot inwards because it's out around the breather, maybe once I change the seat it will lower it some and it won't be an issue. Anyone that has changed the seat out know how much if any it lowers it? Nice look Alain, is that the Heartland kit?
thanks bro. that's not the Heartland kit, it's the danny gray seat. I'm also 6 feet tall and i have the same issue with my leg hitting the breather whenever i ride with the stock seat (not enough to be annoying though).

the danny gray seat will move you back away from the bars about 2 inches and will lower you into the bike about 2 inches. It's a perfect fit, the breather won't be in your way....... not to mention how much more comfortable and fun the bike is to ride when your butt doesn't go numb after 1 hour of ridding.

lolololol

Quick Reply: Rocker C changes