Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Front Turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:32 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fatboy Front Turn signals

that headwinds setup wouldn't work with a w/s would it?

looks good tho.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:42 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably not with a Harley windshield, but with an aftermarket one. I'm not sure, but check the website or give them a call.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:40 AM
kolja
Cruiser

That's a slick look you've got with those handlebars [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-11-2006, 05:01 AM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

I did a search for relocating Fatboy front turn signals and I only found one thread about it with no real answers. I am looking to take out the bottom screw on the fork tins and put the turn signals there. Does anyone have any ideas on what ill need to do that?

Chris
This is a mod I've done to my Fatboy and Roadking. You need a piece of threaded rod the same size as the bolts holding your tin's on,after getting the correct length run a thread die half the length of your rod to match the thread in your turn signal.

You will need two locking nuts per stud to hold everything together.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer

I have a Kuryakyn light kit for the Fatboy that I bought that comes with halogen lights and the necessary hardware for sale. All interested buyers pm me. Light kit info from Kuryakyn.com.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2595

Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That headwinds setup does look sharp.

I checked out their website.. yikes. Looks like they have some really cool products but Man their website is really hurting them. Gotta be the worst website I've seen for an aftermarket manufacturer I've seen in a while. If anything, aftermarket stuff like this must have a really descriptive and well layed out site with good pictures. This one has none of the above and any picture links go to nowhere and don't work. Hope they read this.

It's a shame.. Looks like they do have some really cool stuff.. I'm certainly interested. I have a detach windsheild and I'm just interested in getting the signals off the handlebars. I've even seen people mount their signals to floorboards or the frame to get them off handlebars.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Roadtrain thats what I was lookin for.

Chris

Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 PM
heavypic
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Sonar Chris,

I'm also moving my signals to the same location as you. I have a detachable windshield also (haven't used it yet).

Anyway, I spoke to a wrench who told me to pull the bottom screw from the tins and find a thread-matched stainless bolt (hardware store) about 3/4-1" longer than the stock bolt...cut off the bolt head with a hacksaw...pass a nut over the cut to clear the threads...screw the bolt into the lower tin...add a nut (washers optional but not necessary) to lock it to the tin...screw a second nut on the bolt...screw on the signal and position it...and then back the second nut against the signal to lock it tight.

You can cut the bolt to your prefered length for a close fit, or slightly longer to add the slotted rubber/metal donut fitting for the HD detachable windshield. Haven't done the job yet myself, but it looks pretty simple and from what I'm told is essentially the same thing that the HD kit does. Use stainless bolt and nuts...

Good luck...

AlbertG

Old 07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Bigbender
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It may be too late to tell you this but... A friend and I used Harley part number #68373-02 - Chrome Turn Signal Swivel Assembly Kit. This bracket was made for a VRod. I got mine at Zanotti's for about $15. All you do is add a small piece of stainless all thread and a lock nut (fork side). They're chrome and they look good on the bike. These pictures aren't close up but you can tell how they look.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:47 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

albertgiancarli,

you think you'll have enough clearance in behind the windshield for the signals?

Quick Reply: Fatboy Front Turn signals