Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One last ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:49 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One last ride!!!

Well I am going in for surgery Monday morning for an ankle I busted up several years ago. This will be my third one in hopes they can fix it. If not they will be fusing my ankle so that it does not flex at all. Either way I have a limp but maybe I will have no pain to go with the limp.

Looks like I am going to be down for at least six months of no load bearing.

The positive thing is that I am putting on 16" apes, chrome forks and some other goodies that require a skilled painter. I have two sons and one is really showing some promise with the wrench. I think Dad may be setting in a chair giving directions with a beer in my hand and having the boys do the work

Old 10-30-2009, 09:00 PM
meanderer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck. Heal well and quickly.

It's been two weeks since I was in a walking boot cast b/c of an ankle surgery. I'm walking with a limp and have to use a cane to get around. I'm hoping that I'll be walking "normally" by Thanksgiving or Christmas at the latest.

I too changed my handle bars while I was laid up, but I don't have kids to turn wrenches. I just got my motorcycle mechanic buddy to come over and help.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

God luck on the surgery i just had surgery this morning. i had an incesional hernia repaired near my belly button.. has been bothering me for a few yrs. i hope everything turns out god with your ankle.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 PM
deluxeroad
Road Master

Best wishes to you, Chief. Make sure those boys get everything completed for your riding season next spring!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:08 PM
murd
Road Warrior

All the best Chief! Mend well and look forward to next season.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:14 PM
jed1069
Road Master

Good Luck, Just get better for next season!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:22 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good Luck to you. I had a tramatic knee dislocation last year that blew it out badly. I've had all the surgical repairs that I can and still limp. My wife got me a t-shirt that says "if you don't limp...you aint ****".

Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 PM
leche67
Cruiser

good luck to you,

Old 10-31-2009, 08:13 AM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by av8or
Good Luck to you. I had a tramatic knee dislocation last year that blew it out badly. I've had all the surgical repairs that I can and still limp. My wife got me a t-shirt that says "if you don't limp...you aint ****".

LOL that is funny!!! My wife made a similar comment last bike show we were at. She was people watching and noticed that all the old bikers limped. She also noticed at the last three bike shows / rallies that the girls that do the messages in those chairs were all doing really good business.

Old bikers with bad backs and joints!

Old 10-31-2009, 08:33 AM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SEDELUXE
God luck on the surgery i just had surgery this morning. i had an incesional hernia repaired near my belly button.. has been bothering me for a few yrs. i hope everything turns out god with your ankle.

Ya I busted up my left ankle laying a bike down. After pins and removal of all cartilage and a drilling the bone to get the bone to make scare tissue to replace the cartilage they are going into the knee to pull live cartilage to place in the ankle. At this point I am worried they are going to screw up the knee as well.

The second surgery was going pretty well but after spending all most two years in the desert on rough and uneven ground it has done me in. I just thank God everyday that I still have to functional legs. Two of my friends lost left legs at the knee. Both ride and one is now on a Ridley and the other designed a jockey shifter.

I should get the same shirts as AV8OR has for all of us!

Quick Reply: One last ride!!!