Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No bike for over 2 weeks and it's killing me

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009 | 07:03 PM
neocontra
|
Banned
Default No bike for over 2 weeks and it's killing me-UPDATED

Finally got her finished. Changes weren't much but they were for me. I removed the lowers and had them re-powderd semi-gloss black, put black apes on with internal wiring (had to lengthen the electrical), and added silencer grips, foot pegs, brake and shifter peg.

I also shortened the top exhaust pipe to make it a little shorter, and moves the turn signals inside.

Here is a before and after pic:

Before

After:

(Original)
Just over 2 weeks ago (maybe longer) I decided to remove the front fender, caliper, and wheel so that I could repaint my flat black powder coated lowers with Rustoleum....so the next day I decide that I don't like the way they came out (due to poor prep work on my end) and decide to pull em off and bring em to the local powder guys. Should have just pulled them off as it was just one last minor step anyways.

So while I'm waiting for the lowers to get back, I decide to get some new 10" wild1 apes in black.

I get the lowers back in 3 days, now they are powdered a semi-gloss black, and match the black denim on the tank much better.

Now in the meantime, I have the tank off, the wires and pins pulled from the connector..basically everything ready to go so that I can just get the bars, put them on, and run the wires through.

But I still don't have the damn bars. Shipping the bars has been delayed over a week now, because the powder coat guy hadn't finished wild1's batch of bars yet (what? hmmm?)...so tonight I spoke to the guy over there (again) and he states that the powder guy had the bars in the oven and would ship them out tomorrow. I'm so ticked off but at the same time, I'd be looking at an even longer wait by re-ordering.

So I told him if he would ship them to me using a faster method for the week delay I've had to wait, I would appreciate it.

The only thing keeping me going right now is anticipation that the bike will look better with nice black apes w/ internal wiring, and riding that bitch till there's snow and ice on the ground. If I hate these bars, I'm gonna snap.

Last edited by neocontra; 11-03-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2009 | 07:06 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

lol, hang in there brother. we've all been in a similar situation at one point or another.

it took me close to 2 and a half months to get my front wheel squared away. it'll be that much more sweeter to ride her once you get her put back together.

don't forget the pics man !!

Old 10-28-2009 | 07:09 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

when it comes to thinking, I am gonna put my bike in 5 months winter storage starting November, you shouldn't be crying lol

Old 10-28-2009 | 07:14 PM
meanderer
Cruiser

2 weeks ain't so bad really. I'm coming off a 66 day hiatus due to a busted ankle from a bike wreck and each one of those days when the weather was nice and I could've been riding sucked.

You're right though, the anticipation has a way of making the time creep slowly by. Here's to faster shipping and being on the road soon.

Old 10-28-2009 | 07:14 PM
neocontra
|
Banned

Yeah...part of what kills me is that I wanted to do these mods and still have time to get some riding in before it got too cold. I've missed some really great riding days these past 2 weeks.

I should have just waited till there was snow on the ground to start, but I'm too impatient!

Old 10-28-2009 | 07:17 PM
neocontra
|
Banned

Also, my buddy (God bless him) let me take out his Street Bob for a while. I didn't take it out too long as I didn't want to take advantage..but man. Felt good.

Now that bike moves, but that's for another thread/post.

Old 11-03-2009 | 08:39 PM
neocontra
|
Banned

bump.

Old 11-03-2009 | 08:56 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

looks sweet mang ........now lower the rear andride the chit outta it

Old 11-03-2009 | 09:03 PM
snook592
Club Member