Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am going to buy 06 FHSTDI with 2 little problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009 | 02:17 PM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by car5car
I never tried to fix bike frame. I think that Harley frame is made of pretty soft pipes which don't break in accident, they bend. Welding seems do not crack if made properly. Frame can be straightened w/o welding and it is safe to ride.
To find out if I am right or wrong we just need to call several bike frame shops and ask them simple question:
Do you reweld seems after straightening frames or not?
If frame straightening was leading to accidents frame businesses wouldn't exist.
Of course I have to say that if frame repair is done wrong by somebody who doesn't understand how to do it, it can be unsafe for rider.
CAR5..Great thread...GREAT QUESTIONS as well. It was weird though..as I was reading your posts I could swear I could softly hear the theme from Deliverance softly playing in the background!!!

Attached Thumbnails I am going to buy 06 FHSTDI with 2 little problems.-deliverance.jpg  
Old 10-25-2009 | 03:06 PM
car5car
|
Banned

Originally Posted by RHillbilly
if the neck is bent at all chances are somewhere past the neck has been stressed and possibly bent why not just buy new frame and frontend and have a new bike
That is great idea! $2K and 2 weeks of work!

Old 10-25-2009 | 04:09 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

He didn`t come here to ask questions, he came here to brag about his skills as a car mechanic. And to argue. TROLL

Old 10-25-2009 | 05:27 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by car5car
That is great idea! $2K and 2 weeks of work!
Duh,.... THAAT is why the wrecked bikes sell so cheap? Maybe? Ya think????? There are no shortcuts in life! If it were easy, the wrecks would sell for more moola.

I still think you are just trying to slap something together for resale (judging by your own comments) and that is equivalent to fraud. Be easy on the guy, just steal his wallet or burglerize his house. Don't give him a frame that might kill him someday. Dam I hate scammers.

Old 10-25-2009 | 05:47 PM
car5car
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
HD Dealerships cut off the neck.
Dealerships are doing with frames exactly what they know about frames- if it is bent-cut neck off and scrap frame!
Dealerships know about frame repairs as much as any blond does! Nothing!
Now it is time to say that I know nothing about bike frames. Well, that is true but considering my auto frame repair knowledge I know 100 times more that dealerships do!

Old 10-25-2009 | 05:48 PM
car5car
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Duh,.... THAAT is why the wrecked bikes sell so cheap? Maybe? Ya think????? There are no shortcuts in life! If it were easy, the wrecks would sell for more moola.

I still think you are just trying to slap something together for resale (judging by your own comments) and that is equivalent to fraud. Be easy on the guy, just steal his wallet or burglerize his house. Don't give him a frame that might kill him someday. Dam I hate scammers.
Why don't you just shut up, moron! Fu ck you!
I was trying to be nice but you kept asking for it. Go to dealership, buy new bike, get pipped off by them be happy.

Last edited by car5car; 10-25-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2009 | 05:56 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior

you can be a smart azz to me if you want I to have experience I built race cars for 12 yrs I gave you an honest sugg and you got crappy now I will give you another sugg buy it half azz fix it and kill yourself and maybe someone else on it, if you know everything why come on here and ask opinions

Old 10-25-2009 | 06:00 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master

It's not terribly high tech, I'm sure a frame can be straightened without that much trouble.

Old 10-25-2009 | 06:00 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Why don't you just shut up, moron! Fu ck you!
I was trying to be nice but you kept asking for it. Go to dealership, buy new bike, get pipped off by them be happy.
Wazza matter boy? Didn't get the answer you were looking for?????

If dealerships knew nothing about bent frames, then perhaps they would try to straighten them. Seems that there was a problem with that approach and they chose not to get sued over it? Maybe? Considering the cost of the engineers that do the research,.... I think I'd have to take their word over a hack car mechanics word.

Old 10-25-2009 | 06:03 PM
car5car
|
Banned

Originally Posted by RHillbilly
you can be a smart azz to me if you want I to have experience I built race cars for 12 yrs I gave you an honest sugg and you got crappy now I will give you another sugg buy it half azz fix it and kill yourself and maybe someone else on it, if you know everything why come on here and ask opinions
When you wish something bad to somebody some of that wish goes toward you. You probably don't believe that but it doesn't matter you believe it or not. When one biker wishes something like that to another biker, it is just ...

Quick Reply: I am going to buy 06 FHSTDI with 2 little problems.