Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crossbones or rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:51 PM
DrSmaggs
Tourer

I love the way the rocker sits with the rake on the forks. I'd probably convert it to a regular seat.

The Crossbones looks cool, too. I like springers.

Old 10-27-2009 | 10:30 AM
austinharley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by matt25
it is proven that if you ride a rocker you are 2x more likley to pick up a fat chick. (just looking out for you bud) LOL
I think you've got it backwards, since a fat chick won't fit on the Rocker's trick passenger seat and the Cross Bones has a much bigger pillion!

In choosing any bike, buy whatever makes your pulse race more!

Old 10-27-2009 | 12:33 PM
matt25
Road Captain

Originally Posted by austinharley
I think you've got it backwards, since a fat chick won't fit on the Rocker's trick passenger seat and the Cross Bones has a much bigger pillion!

In choosing any bike, buy whatever makes your pulse race more!

you answered my no serious comment with a real good point. you need to take into account how big your girl is when you buy rocker. LOL

Old 10-27-2009 | 01:05 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

I'd get a Crossbones.... but that's just me (I already have a shiny chrome bike). My local dealer still has a new denim black '08 on the floor. A person could probably get a smokin' deal on it. Wish I had the extra cash.

EDIT: Called them to get a price.... sold over the weekend. They wouldn't say how much.

Last edited by CSRflstc; 10-27-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2009 | 01:35 PM
Branner
Road Warrior

I'd buy a Rocker and make it into this:

Old 10-27-2009 | 01:58 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Branner
I'd buy a Rocker and make it into this:

Raise the front of that tank about 3" and put some mini apes on it and that would be sweet!!!

Old 11-17-2009 | 08:58 AM
beatnix13
|
Advanced

well after going on some more test rides, i decided to go with the xbones. i also got $2,000.00 off msrp and a $200.00 gift card. i guess harley had some type of rebate to the dealers to help them get rid of some of 09 models. i checked with about 5 dealers about the 2g's and only 2 dealers played dumb about the discount. whats funny about one of the dealers is, that i bought the bike from their second store. the main store told me that there was no 2g's off.
thanks everyone, for all your input.

ps. for those who live in florida the 2 dealers you played dumb (greedy),
bruce rossmyer in ft. lauderdale and phil peterson's north store.

Old 11-17-2009 | 09:21 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior
Question

Originally Posted by beatnix13
well after going on some more test rides, i decided to go with the xbones. i also got $2,000.00 off msrp and a $200.00 gift card. i guess harley had some type of rebate to the dealers to help them get rid of some of 09 models. i checked with about 5 dealers about the 2g's and only 2 dealers played dumb about the discount. whats funny about one of the dealers is, that i bought the bike from their second store. the main store told me that there was no 2g's off.
thanks everyone, for all your input.

ps. for those who live in florida the 2 dealers you played dumb (greedy),
bruce rossmyer in ft. lauderdale and phil peterson's north store.
So Answer the question... Didja trade in or is the xbones a new additon to the family?

Old 11-17-2009 | 10:10 AM
beatnix13
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Maimas
So Answer the question... Didja trade in or is the xbones a new additon to the family?
the family has now grown to 3. since getting the xbones my gal wants to learn to ride. so i got her a buell blast from a friend of mine, who got it for his wife. the blast has about 1,000 miles on it. i'll try and post a picture of the 3.

Old 11-17-2009 | 01:35 PM
Punk_Rocker
Cruiser

Enjoy your new ride!

I am a little disapointed you didn't go Rocker, but to each his own. It is a tough choice between two killer bikes.

Quick Reply: crossbones or rocker?