Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xbones seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 245 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Xbones seat

Question for Cammy, Cheescake, and others that have gone with the 1925 seat, or had one custom made. Did you consider re-working your stock seat? I actually like the stitching and design, but think it's too "fat" as well. Talked with a local builder and they even thought re-working the current seat was a good solution. What do you all think?

TedMan

Old 10-22-2009, 03:51 PM
cammy5477
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey ted
i personally am very happy with the 1925 seat........i like the way it looks and how comfy it is.......i ran with a thin larosa seat for a while but i couldnt do more than 30-40 miles at a time before i had to get of the bike and walk it of...... i can see myself recovering the 1925 at some stage but i know what you mean about the width also.......shaun at sokustom said it was like a lady with big hips which i found funny.......it does......i recently bought a cannondale mountain bike and the seat on that thing is......well........like right up my **** so i would take o'll big hips any day over a foam covered brick.....i even joked with my wife that i was going to mount the stock xbones seat on the cannondale..... now that would be a comfy mountain bike. lol

Old 10-22-2009, 03:58 PM
cammy5477
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TedMan
Question for Cammy, Cheescake, and others that have gone with the 1925 seat, or had one custom made. Did you consider re-working your stock seat? I actually like the stitching and design, but think it's too "fat" as well. Talked with a local builder and they even thought re-working the current seat was a good solution. What do you all think?

TedMan
just re-read your post and relised i hadnt answered your question....... i also think the stock leatherwork is nice......reworking it so it wasnt so fat looking would be cool......its probably the same or similar seat pan to the 1925 with more padding......the only thing with that is you will need a second seat to put on or your off the road till its done.....great idea though. i got my 1925 for $100 so it was to good a deal to pass up

Old 10-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Jacobi
Cruiser

Ted, I just put up a post of my bike. The thread is called something like, "Well here it is...finally!" Do a search under my name. Anyways, my seat pan is the original pan just reworked by my local guy. He shaved it down on the sides as narrow as you can and still remain the stock mounting hardware. If you need more pics of it, just tell me what you want!

-Barry-

Old 10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Jacobi
Cruiser
Old 10-22-2009, 04:46 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

TedMan,

I saw this seat on a Cross Bones down in MD at a bike show. The guy who did this seat is from Long Island. I spoke with him and he did exactly what you said. He reworked the original stock seat. Cut the base pan down and did the rest. Name of the place is Xian Leather. I have seen alot of seat guys and I have to say his leather tooling is the best I have seen. Here is his link. http://www.xianleather.com/

Attached Thumbnails Xbones seat-crossbones-seat.jpg  
Old 10-22-2009, 05:15 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have socustom doing a seat for me as we speak. I thought it was a good idea to keep the stock seat just incase my butt needs it for long trips.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jacobi
Nice work. Same size, but skinny. Nice looking tooling, as well. Thanks for the link.

TedMan

Old 10-22-2009, 06:59 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cammy5477
just re-read your post and relised i hadnt answered your question....... i also think the stock leatherwork is nice......reworking it so it wasnt so fat looking would be cool......its probably the same or similar seat pan to the 1925 with more padding......the only thing with that is you will need a second seat to put on or your off the road till its done.....great idea though. i got my 1925 for $100 so it was to good a deal to pass up
Thanks, cammy. Fortunately (or unfortunately!) it's winter here in Michigan, so I got 5 months to think about it. Thanks for the comments.

TedMan

Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by psdj52
TedMan,

I saw this seat on a Cross Bones down in MD at a bike show. The guy who did this seat is from Long Island. I spoke with him and he did exactly what you said. He reworked the original stock seat. Cut the base pan down and did the rest. Name of the place is Xian Leather. I have seen alot of seat guys and I have to say his leather tooling is the best I have seen. Here is his link. http://www.xianleather.com/
PSDJ52, thanks very much for the link. Excellent work; very hard choice between XIAN and SOKUSTOM. I'm having Sokustom do my battery cover right now, so excited to see how that turns out.

Thanks all for great ideas and input. Much appreciated. As I said before, got 5 months of winter to figure it out!

TedMan

Quick Reply: Xbones seat