Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xbones seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I swapped my stocker for the '25...
liked the way it moved me back a bit.. I was always riding on the rear rim of the stocker...
I took off the '25 and now am running with a seat that Shaun at sokustom's built for me...

It took me a few rides to break in the sokustom seat... but I ran 200 miles this weekend with no issues

I know there are several places that will re-work the stock seat....but after seeing Shaun's work on the forum I decided to go with him.....and I am glad I did

Attached Thumbnails Xbones seat-img_9238-1.jpg  
Old 10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 245 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesecake
I swapped my stocker for the '25...
liked the way it moved me back a bit.. I was always riding on the rear rim of the stocker...
I took off the '25 and now am running with a seat that Shaun at sokustom's built for me...

It took me a few rides to break in the sokustom seat... but I ran 200 miles this weekend with no issues

I know there are several places that will re-work the stock seat....but after seeing Shaun's work on the forum I decided to go with him.....and I am glad I did
Thanks, Cheesecake. Saw your bike on his site...looks sweet. Tough decision ahead, no doubt about it.

TedMan

Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen many sweet seats here. Shaun's seem to pop the most for me

Last edited by snook592; 10-22-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 PM
C. Numb
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is a Duane Ballard. Click for Duane's website. I love his work. I dont really know the first thing about leather working, but whenever I am looking through a magazine, I immediately know when the seat is a Ballard. It amazes me how he matched the leather with the flat black so it all blends in.

Christian from Xian leather, and Shaun from Sokustom do great work as well. You cant really go wrong with any of them

Last edited by C. Numb; 10-23-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:53 AM
matt25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome looking stuff

Old 10-23-2009, 03:03 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Default Re:

[QUOTE=C. Numb;5756288]Mine is a Duane Ballard. Click for Duane's website. I love his work. I dont really know the first thing about leather working, but whenever I am looking through a magazine, I immediately know when the seat is a Ballard. It amazes me how he matched the leather with the flat black so it all blends in.

I always wondered where your seat came from. Nice work indeed.

TedMan

Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

I do the 2-up thang wit the ol, so i went for the ultimate comfort.... I put an f'n sundowner on my bones...lol my not look great but those 400 mile rides are well worth it...doing an iron but ride doesn't mean you have to suffer your way through....

Old 10-24-2009, 03:27 PM
snakeyes
Advanced
Default what about springs

The other thing you can consider is dropping the stock 3" springs out with 2" - the ride still feels good but the look improve dramatically - cheap and easy too

Old 10-24-2009, 08:53 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by snakeyes
The other thing you can consider is dropping the stock 3" springs out with 2" - the ride still feels good but the look improve dramatically - cheap and easy too

Thanks, snakeyes, first thing I did, together with slamming the rear 2"

TedMan

Old 11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
xbobba
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Jacobi
Ted, I just put up a post of my bike. The thread is called something like, "Well here it is...finally!" Do a search under my name. Anyways, my seat pan is the original pan just reworked by my local guy. He shaved it down on the sides as narrow as you can and still remain the stock mounting hardware. If you need more pics of it, just tell me what you want!

-Barry-
Hi Barry,

please let me know the address (maybe website) and phone number of your local guy who reworked your original Cross Bones seat pan. I want do the same with my stock seat. You can send me a PM.

Thanks
xbobba

Quick Reply: Xbones seat