Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purple and orange paint set on the Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Purple and orange paint set on the Deluxe

On te floor of the dealer they have it sittling next to the Fatboy Screaming Eagle....That was a goo place to sit it it really compliments the purple and oranged flamed bike....

I actually liked it but then I'm a girl It's true it might be a tough one to sell once you have it but I think in person you get a better appreciation for the colors.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
AcidRayn
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey bluerose, dont listen to anyone here
color is a matter of taste.
i have a spare tin set i been thinking about going radical with for my king,
and the couople of paint schemes so far, i get mixed reviews
you have to ride it, and it only matters if you like it
im a fan of red and yellow, and dont care who else likes it. opinions are like the anus, we all got one, and some stink, some dont. lol
owning a harley is a unique experience. we all spend major duckets making it ours.
when i bought my 03, i thought it was unique, i like the silver and black, and up to the day i bought it, had not seen another one inthat color.
on the way home with it, i think i seen 2! and now see um all the time.

i like the hell outa the deluxes, they are just great looking machines
i do think harley is outa their mind with the price for a paint set.
you could take your tank, fenders and side panels to a local custom painter, and if you pay over 1000.00 for a custom job
that s alot.
the whole custom chopper craze has pushed prices way up on alot of things, but that is good and bad
awareness of bikes is at an alltime high, as are prices.
visit a couple local custom painters in your area and ask them. you can get something really uniqe for much less.
make it a winter project so you dont tie your scoot up.

i have a girl cop friend that has a pink softail with a beautiful rose on the tank. that is hers and she gets razzed bout the color all the time.
her answer is, if you dont like it, i'll poke your eyes out, then she laughs.

by the way, i kinda like the purple and orange, its kinda a rust color.

o well, im done. anyone got change for my .o2?

Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 PM
nutsy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are too many bikes out there with the same colors. i like to see something different. even if i don t care for it myself.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: AcidRayn

i have a girl cop friend that has a pink softail with a beautiful rose on the tank. that is hers and she gets razzed bout the color all the time.
her answer is, if you dont like it, i'll poke your eyes out, then she laughs.
Actually when I get the money .... and I'm sure I'm not trading up for something else (only trade might be a touring bike if my back starts hating the suspention) I'm hoping to get a custom paint job....Can you guess what I want??? Blue roses of course!!!

I figure I'll start picking up extra tins as I find them then have them painted. Gonna be a while though. Dealer said it would be hard to sell like that...I asked him who was gonna sell it?

Old 07-05-2006, 01:42 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

My freind just bought a 1200 in those color's! they look so much better in person than on the web!!

Old 07-05-2006, 10:31 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess if you ask anyone of thousands of Clemson Alumni and fans about Purple and Orange you would probably get a different answer - and you would be assured of a quick sale! Different strokes I guess.
ORIGINAL: atomic

Yeah I saw the same bike at a dealership. I thought "Good luck trying to sell that". My wife comes by and says "What were they thinking: Purple and Orange?". Evidently I am not the only one with that opinion because I went to same dealership two weeks later and it was still sitting there while all of it siblings had long left the building.

I think your current colors are very nice. If they had it at one of my local dealers I would have considered it. Purple and Orange?? Somebody should lose their job over that one.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM
u_neek24
Intermediate

HEY HEY HEY!! All custom color shop Deluxes are good to go. Except that purple and orange one....lol