Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod to the Stock Deluxe Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Mod to the Stock Deluxe Seat

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

ORIGINAL: DeeLuxxx

Did you'all do this because you were too tall/long for your Deluxe? I don't have that problem. I'm only 5'4", but my problem is that although I love my stock seat, I really need a rider's backrest. I hate to change out to a Mustang or Corbin just to get a backrest. Seems like I should be able to modify something.... Also, I removed the passenger's seat and luggage rack and bought a solo seat luggage rack. Looks oh-so-much nicer. If I could just rig something up to LEAN BACK ON! I'm ok for the first 100 miles or so, but after that, I really wish I could lean back!

Order the seat rail for the springer and the pad that goes with it.
Many people have done that here.

I don't have the funds right now, but plan on doing it myself.

The springer seat rail and pad are a good start....

If your going to do any long trips I would also suggest (if you have the $$$ cause it ain't cheap) the touring pack and set it up for a solo rider (there is a removable rack for this)....you might have fiddle with the location of the mounting holes to move it forward a bit but it's like being in a lounge chair on a long ride and gives you some packing room.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can order the tall rider backrest that will bolt right up to your seat rail. For around town and short trips I stick with the short rest like you have on your bike. Anything longer than three or four hours and the tall backrest goes on. I've put on 1500-1800 miles in three days without any back pain or getting tired.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:43 PM
DeeLuxxx
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all your comments. I ordered the tall backrest and will try that out in Sturgis. As soon as I get back, it's coming off, though. I'll use the short one for around town.

Yeah, the tour back looks terrif. Maybe one of these days...but not today!

Ride Safe!