Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks or Performance???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Looks or Performance???

I just got a 2010 Rocker C and quickly found out that I could spend my entire pay check in a blink of an eye on parts and up grades. I've been riding Quads for serveral years and this is my first HD so I'm extremely excited to customize it! ( without breaking the bank...wishful thinking )

So my question is form or function, looks or performace, style or power?

Saw some Bad A$$ Rockers on here so I would like to here your 2 cents and see some pics!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 AM
dmp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
I just got a 2010 Rocker C and quickly found out that I could spend my entire pay check in a blink of an eye on parts and up grades. I've been riding Quads for serveral years and this is my first HD so I'm extremely excited to customize it! ( without breaking the bank...wishful thinking )

Saw some Bad A$$ Rockers on here so I would like to here your 2 cents and see some pics!
You need looks that perform. Every bike needs a little of both. Get to look like you want it to, then get it to go how you want it to. I really like the GO part so I did a little bit at a time of each.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:19 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Go for looks first, we are all posers really, best thing if they can be combined (air intake, V&H pipes!)

Have fun spending your budget!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 AM
QS78
Tourer

in my opinion the least or the must items are:

1) replacing the rear fender/seat setup
2) exhaust

Old 10-15-2009, 03:47 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

For me its PERFORMANCE, POWER and LOOKS!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 AM
broeschi
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo

Form I get chills everytime I go into the garage and catch a look of my rocker sitting there.

Check rocker photos D.Wiggs probably outspent everyone here but something reasonable can be achieved for a modest(relative term) outlay.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ctures-48.html

Old 10-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by j33ptj
Go for looks first, we are all posers really, best thing if they can be combined (air intake, V&H pipes!)

Have fun spending your budget!

so true!! make it yours then decide if ya need it to go faster.....I'll go for the 103 kit eventually but not before I'm done visually...

Old 10-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmp
You need looks that perform. Every bike needs a little of both. Get to look like you want it to, then get it to go how you want it to. I really like the GO part so I did a little bit at a time of each.
I'm with this dude. They make stuff that looks as good as it performs. Then again if you dont ride agressive and youre not that point and shoot through traffic aggro rider?

Rawker is a badass platform regardless of what direction you choose....

Love the Rawk!!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Wallaby
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the rocker! Your first step will be a Stage 1 so the bike actually performs like it should (air intake, exhaust and fuel mapping). There are so many choices for the intake and exhaust that are both functional, improve looks and performance. The choice is really up to you, thats the fun part, enjoy.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:49 AM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QS78
in my opinion the least or the must items are:
1) replacing the rear fender/seat setup
2) exhaust
Originally Posted by Wallaby
Congrats on the rocker! Your first step will be a Stage 1 so the bike actually performs like it should (air intake, exhaust and fuel mapping)....
I completely agree with these and others that there should be a balance between form and function. First, you want to make it rideable. For that, I'd recommend "air intake, exhaust and fuel mapping" (my personal preference being the SE Heavy Breather, V&H Big Radius 2-into-2, and Thundermax with AutoTune).

Also for rideability, you need to address the "rear fender/seat setup". This is a matter of personal ergonomics and taste. If you only plan to ride solo, the Danny Gray seat is an excellent choice and won't break the bank, since it's a simple bolt-on, with no need for lowering, changing lights, etc. For 2-up riding, the Heartland conversion is the way to go, but be prepared to invest quite a bit for the kit, 2nd seat, painting, lowering, lighting, etc.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy your new Rocker, ride the hell out of it and ride safe!

Quick Reply: Looks or Performance???