Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Front Tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 05:43 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It appears that more then one of this years winners ARE NON DESERVING

Old 10-11-2009, 05:59 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pqrs357
AP 8, the Swedish Academy announced the 2009 Nobel Prize for Literature awarded German writer and poet Hetamile. Ralph LaurenIt is reported that Miller is not a well-known writer, and she is the second Glass-after prize for literature was a German writer, German writer Miller received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2009, it being widely regarded as "upset." lacoste polo t shirt FemmeAt the award decision to the Swedish Academy said that Miller's work "both poetry and prose frank concise, describes nothing, nothing to the situation of persons sustenance." She will receive 10 million Swedish kronor lacoste polo t-shirt (1.4 million U.S. dollars) in prize money. Swedish Academy Permanent Secretary Engelongde the face of foreign journalists in Swedish, English and German, read the jury's decision. He said Miller with a wide range of language and literature to show the world through their own environment for the growth and later life of sentiment in a foreign country, she concise and straightforward language of a rich description of an emotional story.
YO GET THAT BS OUTTA HERE

Old 10-11-2009, 05:59 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

thank you

Old 10-11-2009, 06:01 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ruralmed
By hard parts I mean peg then pipe tips on right, pegs then kickstand and finally primary cover on left. The Rocker gives you lots of warning as you approach the edge of it's cornering ability but when carrying lots of speed maybe not quite enough. I let my heel hang down lower than my foot pegs so I can feel the road with the bottom of my heel before the pegs hit the road.
This is especially helpful when riding with passenger or touring luggage and riding on uneven roads. My shocks are set on the stiffest setting and I still bottom out the suspension pretty hard. I only weigh 175lbs so I am disappointed on how soft the stock shocks are, I will upgrade to progressive shocks one day. I hope this helps explain what I mean, pics of hard parts below.
haha you should send those pics to ol willie
have em comp you another set of pegs/pri cover!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ruralmed- I understand the hard parts now....probably safe for you to not invest in aftermarket pegs or you will be replacing them every oil change. Good gouge though...Does anyone think going with a Metzler front tire and Elite 3 rear would cause any problems...or does the tread pattern really need to match front and back?

Old 10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude the waY YOU RIDE IT MUST GET EXPENSIVE REPLACING BOOTS

Old 01-23-2010, 07:28 PM
hispeed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Front tire desire...

Originally Posted by RocketRocker
ruralmed- I understand the hard parts now....probably safe for you to not invest in aftermarket pegs or you will be replacing them every oil change. Good gouge though...Does anyone think going with a Metzler front tire and Elite 3 rear would cause any problems...or does the tread pattern really need to match front and back?

Rocket, the tread pattern will not matter one way or the other. When you have such a large difference in sizes between the front and rear, the tread pattern doesn't factor into the handling. What will factor in is whether you have bias and radial on the bike.

I have been looking for the past couple of days to replace my Rocker tires with larger ones and have decided on Dunlop Elite 3 250 in the back and the 1/2" wider Dunlop Elite 3 and after seeing Robo01's pic on another thread. He has the 100/90-19 on his Rocker now and it looks like it fits just barely. I may have to slot the mounting holes a slight bit to make sure there's no rubbing but it if he's ridin' fine on them then I'm gonna get the set so they match perfectly for judging in shows.

I've sent my tins out to get a custom paint job and hope to have them back before March... keep your fingers crossed. I'll post the before and after pics soon...

Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 PM
NewfieRocker
Cruiser

So i have to ask, Anyone who has upgraded the front tire size am I correct in saying all upgrades are on the Stock wheel??...

NR

Old 01-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 100/90 fits stock wheel just fine.

Originally Posted by NewfieRocker
So i have to ask, Anyone who has upgraded the front tire size am I correct in saying all upgrades are on the Stock wheel??...

NR
100/90 fits stock wheel just fine, but it does stick out around fender a little so wear shades!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:22 PM
robo01
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hispeed
Rocket, the tread pattern will not matter one way or the other. When you have such a large difference in sizes between the front and rear, the tread pattern doesn't factor into the handling. What will factor in is whether you have bias and radial on the bike.

I have been looking for the past couple of days to replace my Rocker tires with larger ones and have decided on Dunlop Elite 3 250 in the back and the 1/2" wider Dunlop Elite 3 and after seeing Robo01's pic on another thread. He has the 100/90-19 on his Rocker now and it looks like it fits just barely. I may have to slot the mounting holes a slight bit to make sure there's no rubbing but it if he's ridin' fine on them then I'm gonna get the set so they match perfectly for judging in shows.

I've sent my tins out to get a custom paint job and hope to have them back before March... keep your fingers crossed. I'll post the before and after pics soon...
I took a couple of additional shots so ya'll could see what the clearences looked like. Also, as you can see in the top down "over the fender" shot, the entire profile of the tire is still covered by the fender.

Oh yeah, this is a Dunlop 100/90 19 D401F put on be my friends (they are my friends aren't they?) at the dealership.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Rocker Front Tire-front-end-003.jpg   Rocker Front Tire-front-end-005.jpg   Rocker Front Tire-front-end-004.jpg  

Last edited by robo01; 01-24-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: add-on