Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spike Intake Options ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 AM
superblue10
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spike Intake Options ebay?

hey guys I have my 05 night train with big radius with the baffles cut down. It has a stage 1 flash . I just bought a power commander for it, and im looking to get a black spike intake to complete the setup. My question is I love the wimmer and d&m spike intakes but not the price tag. I also was looking at the forcewinder and se big sucker. I was also looking at the ebay black spike http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK...item56352e8ffc

Are all of these intakes comparable in performance? Anyone running the ebay kit? Alot of people are saying the forcewinder and then get sifton breathers for it. But the ebay unit comes with that style breathers already. I would like a black spike intake but i cant understand the less then half price for the ebay unit. I know you get what you pay for, but you also can "pay" for a name. I dont want to get caught in either scenario. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Just PM'd you back. In some things I think you get what you pay for. But I think that you are paying for the name with the high dollar spike air cleaners. My best friend has one of the ones from ebay and it's a super nice air cleaner. I'd buy one like it with out giving it a second thought. But there's no way that I'd pay $500.00 for one.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
jasperpso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by superblue10
hey guys I have my 05 night train with big radius with the baffles cut down. It has a stage 1 flash . I just bought a power commander for it, and im looking to get a black spike intake to complete the setup. My question is I love the wimmer and d&m spike intakes but not the price tag. I also was looking at the forcewinder and se big sucker. I was also looking at the ebay black spike http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK...item56352e8ffc

Are all of these intakes comparable in performance? Anyone running the ebay kit? Alot of people are saying the forcewinder and then get sifton breathers for it. But the ebay unit comes with that style breathers already. I would like a black spike intake but i cant understand the less then half price for the ebay unit. I know you get what you pay for, but you also can "pay" for a name. I dont want to get caught in either scenario. Thanks.

get it and let me know how you like it, cause i have been looking for a sweet air cleaner to replace the screamin eagle one i have on my xb.. that thing looks friggin sick.. one of the nicest 'looking' unit i have seen.. i hope you like it.. be sure to post about it..

Last edited by jasperpso; 10-09-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

d2moto put these on sale about every other week. Last week the black spike one was $154 (30% off their price). I think you got to be on their email list to get the sale codes. I was going to get one but I've got a carbed bike. But it looks like these work with carbed bikes too.

Last edited by gforrest2; 10-09-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

what the vell, U only go around once, save and get what u want or U'll alway kick Ur self in the A$$ wanting it later...

Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 PM
superblue10
6th Gear

it does seem like a nice peice. i do agree with you only live once. but honestly the looks are very comparable to other higher priced peices. There seems to be only one way to find out i guess. Also with the money i save Ill have enough to buy you one oct1949 , a case a beer, two tanks of gas, and a couple of hookers! lol I just cant beleive the price difference.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 AM
jasperpso
Cruiser

i emailed a guy who bought one from ACM on there feedback list... the guy was in austrailia, and said he got and installed it, and really likes it.. he didnt have any pictures yet.. so i will look forward to seeing yours.. i am looking forward to seeing one installed.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Black: $154 Chrome: $140 Free shipping too. d2moto.com. Enter "Oct30" as the coupon code at checkout. Carb versions are about $20 cheaper. I went to order the chrome carb version for my bike for $119 but alas.....out of stock. This deal is good until Wed., Oct 14.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

I met these guys in Vegas and handled the spike in person. A very nice piece for sure and at a relatively affordable price. Almost bought one, but decided that what I have is fine for now. I say go for it. Also found a guy that works for the company (forgot their name) selling these on Craigslist for about $190 a few weeks ago. Next time one comes my way it should be mine. The people in Vegas were explaining that they all used to work for K and N and branched out and started their own company. She said the filter is good for about 10 washes before you need a new one and then it's about $40 for a new filter.

Last edited by VTwin-Goodies; 10-12-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
superblue10
6th Gear

alright ordered it from d2moto came to 167 with an additional black filter shipped. ill give it a whurl for that. Ill post pics when i get it. and ill be tuning it with big radius pipes and a power commander. the pipes are already on so ill be able to see a difference if any. If not it still looks bad ***. thanks guys

Quick Reply: Spike Intake Options ebay?