Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS tuning file

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
FrankT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS tuning file

Guys,
I'm relatively new to the site, so I beg your forgiveness, if what I am about to ask is a "no no". Is there anyone out there using TTS Mastertune that has a config file for my setup that they have created and are willing to share? I spoke to TTS and they said that the canned file that they provide will get me about 50% there and I would have to do the rest with the tuning software. They mentioned I would need to strap a laptop to my back and run the program while I ride, since I don't have saddle bags. I am not real comfortable with this approach. I am not real technical, especially with the ECM. Eventually I will get it dynoed, but don't have the cash right now. My setup is listed below. Again, if this is a "no no", please be kind and just let me know. I apologize in advance if it is. Thanks.
2009 Fatboy - TC96
V&H Big Shot Staggered with quiet baffles
Screamin Eagle A/C with K&N filter
Everything else is stock

Old 10-07-2009, 04:34 PM
mpmillion
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't a no no but you may not find what you need this way. I'm no expert on the subject but can help point you in the right direction....try this place https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-softails.html do a search of key words of what you are looking for. If you find nothing than repost this thread there as well....also I am sure that there are other forums (maybe even a TTS one) that can help you find your answer. But...I'm sure that someone here has a close set up that will help....

Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Electrical/Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection section has about a million posts on TTS. That's where I learned about it. You have a pretty standard Stage 1 tune and TTS has maps that will get you very close. Tuning it yourself to optimize it is not hard or dangerous. Just spend some time reading the TTS threads and download the latest instructions from the web site. In the TTS threads you'll read about dozens and dozens of other guys going through the same process. If we can do it, you can too.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Look at the HD tuning cal file in TTS.. Looks like either PZ176-002 or QD176-002 would be a good starting point..

Old 10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

All you need to do is load the appropriate map and then (if you want) do 2 or 3 30 minute VTune runs. Not that difficult at all. As deadeye mentioned, just print out the manual and read it a couple of times.

the guys in Australia are pretty active with the TTS too. Here is the link to the forum. Check it out. Steve Cole (involved with TTS) hangs out there too.

https://www.hdforums.com.au/Default....ics&forumid=27