Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 04:36 PM
John Bernard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite

I am strongly considering getting a Fat Boy next week, but I've never really liked the seat on them. The look of the seat is fine, but it seems to me that they are a little wide in the crotch which causes me to stand higher on the bike than what I would think I would do with a narrower seat. If you look at the specs, the seat height of the bike is actually very low. This is why I think I would like a different seat right out of the gate.

I will be riding two up occasionally so I do prefer a full seat. I have heard that a lot of guys use the Mustang seats, and a few also seem to like the Sundowner. Can all of you Fat Boy guys (and gals) post some pics of your bikes and seats, and tell us why you like (or dislike) them? I'm leaning towards one of the Mustang seats, but want one that flows with the lines of the bike and does not change it's looks dramatically. I also want a seat that is not too large, and obviously narrower in the crotch than the stock seat.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Smile

i could of got a hell of a deal on a 2009 fatboy i said know. numbe one the seat was to wide for me my dealer said they would change the seat lower to. i wainted and bought a 2010 fatboy -lo everything fits me ok and i like the look of the fatboy-lo...

Old 10-03-2009, 05:04 PM
John Bernard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KOJAX
i could of got a hell of a deal on a 2009 fatboy i said know. numbe one the seat was to wide for me my dealer said they would change the seat lower to. i wainted and bought a 2010 fatboy -lo everything fits me ok and i like the look of the fatboy-lo...
I definitely like the shape of the Fat Boy Lo seat better than the standard Fat Boy. However, I sat on one at the dealership and it felt a little small compared to what I am used to. I am not a giant either, only 5'10", but even the sales guy said I looked a little too big for the bike. The Lo is a really slick looking bike, but just didn't feel right for me personally.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:09 PM
John Little
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have three seats that I can recommend:
When I was single I had the Corbin Stinger. A decently comfortable seat and it looked great, did a few 600+ mile days on it with no problem. It also has the backrest option that I never could get used to. (Still got it if anyone wants to buy it)
Now that I have an OL, I have my Badlander. Its my to and from work seat. Man does it look good and it allows a small pillion for her to go along on short rides. Warning: Give this seat 45 mins and you will give it a nickname like 2 x 4. At least thats what I call mine.
For two up distance, I have a Mustang Vintage and rear couch for her. This seat a 10 in the comfort department and the pillion is tall enough that it gives great back support when solo. The only downside is it isn't the best lookin rig.

John

Old 10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by John Bernard
I definitely like the shape of the Fat Boy Lo seat better than the standard Fat Boy. However, I sat on one at the dealership and it felt a little small compared to what I am used to. I am not a giant either, only 5'10", but even the sales guy said I looked a little too big for the bike. The Lo is a really slick looking bike, but just didn't feel right for me personally.
nice looking bike you might want to keep it.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:09 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a C&C Solo & Sport Tour. Both nice seats, they fit the lines of the bike well. I probably wouldn't use either to ride cross country but most of my riding is short hauls and I'm fine with those. With that said, I am in the process of getting the FatBoy Lo seat from a new owner so I might try that on for size. It sure is a lot better than the stock 07 FB seat. I like my seats to sit me down and back and the C&C seats do that. IMO the Mustangs don't fit the lines of the bike plus I have sat on one and it moved me forward and up....not good for a 6'6"er.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:52 AM
John Bernard
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies guys. I'd really like to see some pics though...

Old 10-04-2009, 09:07 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont care about the seat when i am stopped. i care about the feel when i ride. mustang 17.5 with 14 pinion

Old 10-04-2009, 10:22 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tk353
i dont care about the seat when i am stopped. i care about the feel when i ride. mustang 17.5 with 14 pinion
Hey Bob, this the same seat you have?

Looks a lot more comfortable than the stock seat? Wife and me went on first trip (poker run) the other day and 4+ hours on stock seat was hard to take.

Haven't price shopped yet but found this at west end motorsports for just under $200

Old 10-04-2009, 11:53 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hard to tell from the pic, that looks like the smaller version 14 in seat. I had the 14 and i needed 17 for 2 reasons. more room for my fat @@ and because the front is wider it keeps my thighs from resting on the cylinder head when i stand so i dont burn. also feels cooler riding as more shield from heat

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite-dsc01942c.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite