Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Sullyboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LePere Bare Bones. It take a little getting used to, but the look is killer. It is very narrow, so its way more comfortable with my feet on the ground. I'm 6'1. It lowered the riding position about an inch, which was what i was looking to do.
Its brutal after about 150 miles. But for short trips, its cool. And it looks great. Less than $200.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite-web-side.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
smitbrad
Tourer

I have the Corbin Gunfighter with removable backrest. Click on my profile for more pictures.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by John Bernard
Robert, would you happen to have a photo from the top of your bike so I can see the width of the seat? Also, would you know the model numbers of the Mustang seat that you said is the same design as your's, but a little narrower?
#76244 - 14" Vintage Solo

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite-dsc00040.jpg   Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite-dsc00041.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 AM
John Bernard
Cruiser

Thank you Robert, and thanks also to everyone else who has replied to this thread.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tk353
#76248 - 17.5" Wide Vintage Solo #76247 - 14" Wide Vintage Rear Seat
Thanks

Old 10-10-2009, 05:20 AM
John Bernard
Cruiser

hard to tell from the pic, that looks like the smaller version 14 in seat. I had the 14 and i needed 17 for 2 reasons. more room for my fat @@ and because the front is wider it keeps my thighs from resting on the cylinder head when i stand so i dont burn. also feels cooler riding as more shield from heat
Hey Bob, is your seat wider or narrower than the stock Fat Boy seat? I noticed in the picture of the 14" seat that you took that the front is considerably narrower, almost too narrow looking for the tank. I guess I am looking for something that is narrower than the stock seat, allowing me to be flat footed when I am sitting on the bike, but also not so narrow that it looks strange where the front of the seat meets the gas tank. I also don't like it when seats look too big for the bike, which is how the Sundowner seat looks to me. Maybe some more pics of your seat with the pillion on, from the top and the side?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:18 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by John Bernard
Hey Bob, is your seat wider or narrower than the stock Fat Boy seat? I noticed in the picture of the 14" seat that you took that the front is considerably narrower, almost too narrow looking for the tank. I guess I am looking for something that is narrower than the stock seat, allowing me to be flat footed when I am sitting on the bike, but also not so narrow that it looks strange where the front of the seat meets the gas tank. I also don't like it when seats look too big for the bike, which is how the Sundowner seat looks to me. Maybe some more pics of your seat with the pillion on, from the top and the side?
the pictures are of the 17.5 seat and i would say the same width as stock but much thicker. Mustang will let you try for 800 miles i think and if you dont like you can return. i would suggest looking at the dealers used bikes or your local hog chapter to see in person what they look like. i found with any seat until you put 300 to 500 miles you cant tell if you will like it. i had the c&c and you sit much lower and feels more like sport bike but after 100 miles it hurts. i have been told you can get a gel insert to make the seat better or spend more and get a corbin

Old 10-10-2009, 07:37 AM
John Bernard
Cruiser

the pictures are of the 17.5 seat and i would say the same width as stock but much thicker. Mustang will let you try for 800 miles i think and if you dont like you can return. i would suggest looking at the dealers used bikes or your local hog chapter to see in person what they look like. i found with any seat until you put 300 to 500 miles you cant tell if you will like it. i had the c&c and you sit much lower and feels more like sport bike but after 100 miles it hurts. i have been told you can get a gel insert to make the seat better or spend more and get a corbin
Is this seat the same as yours?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...Q5fAccessories

I noticed that the part numbers are different but the dimensions are the same as yours. Mustang seems to have SO MANY seats and part numbers that it is difficult to determine which seat is the right one.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:45 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

yes and no. my seat is 2 piece and that one is one. the one is cheaper. easy to find the seats for your bike on mustang web site. you have a 200mm tire and they changed the frame for that one
http://mustangseats.com/cart/index.p...=4_126_143_529

Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 PM
per sweden
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite-dsc00002.jpg

[ATTACH]90684[/ATTACH

I love my Harley saddle the custom saddle from the factory
saludos from SWEDEN

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite-fat3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fat Boy Seats - Your Favorite