Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kuryakan cruiser arm mkIII ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 10:09 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default kuryakan cruiser arm mkIII ?

I tried to install these things yesterday and everything went well untill the tightning of the bolts on the template.The nuts have the plastic washers inside that when you try to tighten they either get stuck that you cant completly tighten and then you cant loosen because their stuck.I ended up breaking 2 of the bolts and drilling out another.What in the world am i doing wrong.I know how to srew in a bolt but this is ridiculus.Is there a technique with this.Would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.Or did i get defective nuts with this.thanks

Old 06-24-2006, 11:27 AM
HD4ME
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kuryakan cruiser arm mkIII ?

I installed the same ones on my Fatboy. I believe they are self-locking nuts. They were a bit of a pain to tighten. I wish I would have seen the new Cruise Arms from Kuryakyn (Mark IV) that mount to the frame.

Good Luck. Once you get them on you'll love 'em.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I snapped one bolt off and locked one up that had to be cut off. I bought new stainless steel hardware and installed them. Later, I found out that the supplied hardware works well if you use anti-sieze on the threads and tighten then up slowly.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:14 PM
tripstowin
Novice

I just installed mine about a week ago, Did not have any problems with the bolts,I did use blue locktight and tightened slowly. They look and work great.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:21 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well i went today and bought all new bolts and nuts to replace the ones that came with the arms.I went and bought them with locking washers.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
u_neek24
Intermediate

THESE WON'T FIT ON STOCK DELUXE FLOORBOARDS! I learned that lesson. Good thing my Fatboy ridin' buddy wanted an even trade. I ended up cutting the first nut off too. These aren't normal nuts at all. I'm a mechanic and have officially classified them as satan. Spray a lil bit of WD-40 on first. They'll go right on.

ORIGINAL: rick

Well i went today and bought all new bolts and nuts to replace the ones that came with the arms.I went and bought them with locking washers.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:58 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I used the two tubes of anti-seize that came in the box. You may have missed the short sentence before the instructions saying to use it.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 AM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sfcmo357

I used the two tubes of anti-seize that came in the box. You may have missed the short sentence before the instructions saying to use it.
I installed mine yesterday. I tore the box apart looking for the anti-seize and could NOT find any! Luckily, I only a problem with one bolt/nut. I'm not 100% sure WHY but, it seems as though the plating (I'm assuming it's chrome) on the bolt seems to strip off easily when tightening the nut. I removed the nut and found a few pieces of the plating jammed in the threads. Once I removed them, the nut went on the bolt ok.

As for the arms on the bike...I LOVE them! I'm too dang short to put my entire foot on the peg so I just put my heels on the front of the boards and the ball of my feet are on the pegs. It's pretty close to the same foot position as forward controls...only slighty extended.