Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades batwing

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Chief101
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Memphis Shades batwing

Im going to purchase one of these and I have a question about the windshield. I see that several here already have them, so Im looking for some guidelines.
I have the full size detachable windshield on my Heritage at the present. For me, it probably need to be about 2 inches shorter........I find that the top of the shield is dead center in my line of sight. I wondered how the various windshields for the batwing matched up to the full size that I have now. Id love to get one a little shorter than mine is now, but probably not like the 5 inch. How does the 7 inch installed compare to the full size that comes on a Heritage?Any comments or suggestions from those that have been down this path already will be appreciated.
Thanks!!

Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member

Received 24,094 Likes on 5,311 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief101
Im going to purchase one of these and I have a question about the windshield. I see that several here already have them, so Im looking for some guidelines.
I have the full size detachable windshield on my Heritage at the present. For me, it probably need to be about 2 inches shorter........I find that the top of the shield is dead center in my line of sight. I wondered how the various windshields for the batwing matched up to the full size that I have now. Id love to get one a little shorter than mine is now, but probably not like the 5 inch. How does the 7 inch installed compare to the full size that comes on a Heritage?Any comments or suggestions from those that have been down this path already will be appreciated.
Thanks!!
I have one (for sale in the classifieds, by the way, with all accessories, for local pickup), and have both the 7" and 9" shields for it. I'm 5'10", and find that the 9" shield is just about the right height to look over. It's about equivalent to my 18" windshield (2" lower than stock).

The 7" shield was nice for summer riding -- a little low but no buffeting. Also, unlike the stock shield, the batwing itself has a tilt adjustment, so you can really fine-tune it.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Chief101
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info. Good luck with selling yours, Im sure someone will grab it up.