Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting a old solo seat on a 1988 Heritage, Help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 AM
handysteve36
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting a old solo seat on a 1988 Heritage, Help.

Hi, I have a 1988 Heritage Softail with stock seat in place. I have a very old Harley tractor style seat with original T bar as well. The T bar can be modified or replaced if it is to long because I do not want to have it connect between the tanks. I have seen that there are MANY different companies that offer hardware kits for this hook up. I do want the round springs instead of solid mount or close pin style springs. My question is simple. Has anyone here purchased any of these kits and been happy with them? Some require welding and I would like to find one that uses the existing stock frame brackets so I can be versital with the stock seat. I know some of these kits look very cheap, while some can cost over 200 bucks. Some have pans that cover the battery, and some do not. Before I start e-mailing all the different companies regarding their product, I wanted to ask for any help here first. Some of the cover pans look to be made of plastic, while some look to be formed sheet metal. The front mechanical hook up is not shown clearly. I have experience at fabrication, but I would prefier to find a clean kit that simply uses the stock attachments with a clean black metal cover pan over the battery. I hate to buy something and find out it was not the best choice. Any close up pictures of these would be great. Seeing the hardware close on a installed bike would be nice. The companies that sell these kits show a group of parts laid out and not on a bike. Thanks for the help, Steve.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
spooner
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my spring mounts, springs, and seat hinge from www.justifieddefiance.com.
I did have to fab the battery cover out of tin from Home Depot.