Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok fuel tunner question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
redbone62
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ok fuel tunner question

ive hear all the folks say power commander is the way to go well hears my problem my mechanic /friend uses and swears by the arlen ness big shot im looking for someone that has one had one can enlighten my on the big shot befor i leap in to one and its not what im looking for

Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 PM
murlsquirl
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbone62
ive hear all the folks say power commander is the way to go well hears my problem my mechanic /friend uses and swears by the arlen ness big shot im looking for someone that has one had one can enlighten my on the big shot befor i leap in to one and its not what im looking for
The guy at my shop swears by the PCIII. Everyone has their favorite. I am pretty sure I am going for the PCIII from what I have been reading. I just have been scouring through forums and reviews and pretty sure I have made up my mind.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

from experience there are only two valid choices for a tuner. that would be the sert, or now the updated one i think is the sest, or the pcv=power commander 5. if a product has the ness name on it, i don't want anything to do with it. Look how his influence has screwed up the victorys.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anyone here in Okinawa running the AN set up.

Most folks here either run the PC III or the V&H Fuel Pack.
I have the PC III and it does everything I need it to do.
Good thing about the PC III is you can remove your O2 sensors and plug the holes or run pipes without O2 sensor holes in them.

S/F
Freefall

Old 09-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thundermax with auto tuner.. A little pricey but well worth da benjamins or c notes..

Old 09-23-2009, 07:23 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thundermax all the way. saves the price of a bad dyno tune.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I like my DFO....100 bucks, 15 minutes to install, is easily adjusted using a screwdriver much like a carb. I put it on, had the control panel hanging out at the front of the seat so I could see the lights, found a long strip of deserted highway and did some "runs" to do the tuning. I did my fine tuning by monitoring my gas mileage...My bike sure ended up running good according to others that have ridden it or ridden with me and gets good gas mileage. I can't complain.

Last edited by xxxflhrci; 09-23-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Mrawsome21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me, but DFO? Do you have a website?

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
I like my DFO....100 bucks, 15 minutes to install, is easily adjusted using a screwdriver much like a carb. I put it on, had the control panel hanging out at the front of the seat so I could see the lights, found a long strip of deserted highway and did some "runs" to do the tuning. I did my fine tuning by monitoring my gas mileage...My bike sure ended up running good according to others that have ridden it or ridden with me and gets good gas mileage. I can't complain.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrawsome21
Forgive me, but DFO? Do you have a website?
Right here:

http://www.techlusion.com/

DFO and TFI are the same unit. Check eBay for good prices. I got mine for 100 bucks because they sell them to LEO/Military/Veterans/Fire at a steep discount.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:07 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

If you want to fire and forget, PC-V or other piggyback unit is fastest and easy. If you want to tweak it and play with it now, or after future mods, then get the TTS. Check the EFI / tuner thread for info on TTS.

Quick Reply: ok fuel tunner question