Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Martin Brothers® “The Collector” Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:50 AM
mpmillion
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Martin Brothers® “The Collector” Exhaust System

Lookin at getting new exhaust for the bike. 2008 Softail custom....but I want to set it up for touring as much as possible....BUT....I want to stay with the sleek look. So what I am going for is having a swing arm bag on each side and using my rucksack (or something similar) on the back for long trips. I found this exhaust on JP Cycles. http://www.jpcycles.com/Search/Produ...esults=100&No= Has anyone ever used this before or seen it or have any idea about it? If this is not a good idea than what exhaust could I use that would free up both swing arms...does not have to be 2-1 that is just what I like. I know its a lot to digest and I'm very particular but we all want our bikes the way we want them...

Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

This site has the best prices for Martin Bros...I got mine from here
http://www.xoprodox.com/exhaust.php?...f878b14e3&pg=4

Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

The pipe you showed is probably not that great for touring. It could be a little loud after extended hours of riding... You may want something that extends further back and has a larger muffler and optional baffles in case you want it quieter or louder.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man... that lil' ol' Pipe is fittin' to be louder than heck!!

Post us a sound clip if and when you get that lil' short-shooter!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
DoobieBrother
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martin Bros. have interesting style, but how do the actually perform? From what I've seen they have blueing issues. And they seem to be more about style on show bikes than performance. Or does anyone have something concrete to show that says I'm wrong?

Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
mpmillion
Tourer

For some reason that xoprodox website keeps timing out on me....I even went on there from other search engines...oh well I'll keep trying so thanks for the link.
Yeah I realize that the pipes will be loud for touring...also the Drill Sgts on post dont appreciate when I interrupt their cadence with a down shift! These pipes would make that a little worse!! I just don't know what else to do in order to free up that other swing arm. Anyone know of some good mid-sized pipes? Don't have to be 2-1...I was thinking something that might turn out and face traffic...i've heard them called "suv killers" not sure on that though.
I could look up more on JP Cycles or on search engines but I was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience that may help. Guess I don't need both swing army bags....

Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

You are smart reconsiding pipes IF you want to tour and be comfortable, make your passenger comfortable, and not **** off the Sgt

fwiw - I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 2n1 just cause the BSS are way too loud after riding for 5+ hours. Great on short rides, not great on trips... Installing cams did make them louder. I even tried the q baffles - not big enough diff and hurt performance some, on my bike. The gf also hates the pipes on long rides and a friend rode behind me all day long last Saturday and said they are very loud - and he did not mean that as a compliment...

The other side of this is, when I was in Tahoe some artsy wine thing was going on and I had to park in the same lot as the event. When leaving, I started my bike up and every head turned and stared, dogs jumped, some people jumped too... Guess the artsy people were not pleased with the disruption... lol

Anyway, have you looked in the softail pic forum to get some ideas.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-pictures-110/

Old 09-22-2009, 02:15 PM
mpmillion
Tourer

I'm checkin out the Softail Custom pics right now and will continue with the SFT family when I'm done. I also think that aviscomi's WTF pipes might work....what I mean is that they might allow a swing arm bag to go on....anyone know for sure??

Old 09-22-2009, 06:33 PM
vascik883
Advanced

I got my martin brothers "medustas" last year and although I love the look, they have begun to discolor on me. Not necesarrily blueing, but rather a brown tinge to the chrome. I feel for the price I paid, they should have held up a little better then a year. As far as sound, they are great

Old 09-22-2009, 07:29 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master

The V&H Side Shots may allow for a right side swing arm bag...........

Good luck.

S/F
Freefall

Quick Reply: Martin Brothers® “The Collector” Exhaust System