Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dealership screwed me

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 11:24 PM
murlsquirl
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My dealership screwed me

Anyone who saw my post in the new members area know that three weeks after I bought the NT, some idiot hit me in a hit and run. Nothing too bad, last Wednesday the insurance finally forked out the 3k to the dealership to fix it. Thursday I call the service lady to check and make sure the parts got ordered and everything is good, "I am with a customer let me call you right back". Nothing, so I stop by because it is on my way home and she tells me everything is good. Only that I will have to ride it with a dented/scratched tank for about 4 weeks until it comes on. No big deal, bike will be done next week they say (which would have been Thursday). Wednesday I call to make sure everything came in and there were no hold ups, "I am with a customer let me call you right back". Thursday, "I am with a customer let me call you right back". Nothing both times. Friday I talk to a different service guy because the usual is off. This guy actually takes the time to look into it and calls me back. "I don't know how to tell you this, but nothing has been ordered for your bike". My bike has been there since 29 Aug and the parts aren't even ordered.

Called the store manager and kind of went off. He said they would put a rush on all parts and gave me a RK as a free loaner. Somewhat better because at least I have wheels, but still crap. Just wanted to get that off my chest because I am still pretty pissed. I had plans to ride MY bike this weekend.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:34 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry bout yer mishap
just another dealer nightmare story
least ya got wheels 2 ride
you will be that much more grateful when u get yers back

Old 09-20-2009, 12:14 AM
dkyork
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murlsquirl
Anyone who saw my post in the new members area know that three weeks after I bought the NT, some idiot hit me in a hit and run. Nothing too bad, last Wednesday the insurance finally forked out the 3k to the dealership to fix it. Thursday I call the service lady to check and make sure the parts got ordered and everything is good, "I am with a customer let me call you right back". Nothing, so I stop by because it is on my way home and she tells me everything is good. Only that I will have to ride it with a dented/scratched tank for about 4 weeks until it comes on. No big deal, bike will be done next week they say (which would have been Thursday). Wednesday I call to make sure everything came in and there were no hold ups, "I am with a customer let me call you right back". Thursday, "I am with a customer let me call you right back". Nothing both times. Friday I talk to a different service guy because the usual is off. This guy actually takes the time to look into it and calls me back. "I don't know how to tell you this, but nothing has been ordered for your bike". My bike has been there since 29 Aug and the parts aren't even ordered.

Called the store manager and kind of went off. He said they would put a rush on all parts and gave me a RK as a free loaner. Somewhat better because at least I have wheels, but still crap. Just wanted to get that off my chest because I am still pretty pissed. I had plans to ride MY bike this weekend.
I'm a little saddle sore from riding 8 hours today and had a few drinks watching the Mayweather fight, so excuse my rawness. That Biatch who told you that crap on the phone and didn't return calls should be Fn fired. And Dealerships wonder why they get a bad name. I'm sick of dealership employees treating us like we waste their time and they don't have the time of day. I tell you what though, on my way to Skyline today, I stopped at Waugh dealer in Orange county and had the best damn service I've ever had from any Harley dealer. Other ones should model themselves after them and learn what cu service is about. Unfortunately, mosr dealers have a few bad apples that ruins the whole bunch because of hiring buddies, but they should reconsider who they hire and get to represent them. RANT OFF and time for bed.

Dale

Old 09-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Recon Dad
Cruiser

The dealer did good giving you a loaner. Im sure after hearing what you said they will deal with the service writer.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Recon Dad
The dealer did good giving you a loaner. Im sure after hearing what you said they will deal with the service writer.
i bet the dealer only gave you a loaner after the insurance co agreed to pay for it.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had a few drinks watching the Mayweather fight
LOL....That sucked.

Can anyone beat that guy or maybe can they match him up against someone his own size!!

Bring on the Pac-Man.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 AM
bikewhisperer
Intermediate

That sucks man. With the boom up here (opposite of the rest of the world) we are experiencing poor customer service everywhere. It's to the point that I have developed a 6th sense when I am getting screwed. Example: yesterday I picked up a trailer I was having decals put on and the decals are 30% smaller than requested and the color is off by 7 shades. Same crap as you, no returned calls etc. When I dropped it off I even said "So these are the right size? It's going to look like the pics, right? I knew it was going to happen weeks ago, but no matter how many times I expressed my concerns, I still got ****.

My advice for anyone is to document any conversations, calls, etc.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:24 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

if you are having issues with an employee like the service writer, and the problem is not handled, then you go over their head to the service mgr, and if that goes nowhere, you see the store manager, if no results, you talk with the owner of the dealership. you've followed the proper chain of command, and you will get results. i've been very lucky, never had a dealership that didn't appreciate my business, or my money. if they wouldn't work with me on anything, i'd be finding another dealer immediately. used to be back in the 80's and 90's customer service was poor throughout a great precentage of dealerships. they've wised up and realized that we're the ones buttering their bread.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:49 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good service from "bad dealers" and vice versa.....
I now always get the best from my INDY!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:41 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

That would Pi$$ bout anyone off. I'd rather be told the truth up front even if they messed up, than lied to.

Its nice to have a choice.. we have 3HD dealer within 45miles, and now 2 Indys in town and 1 10 miles away.. never had trouble with any of them. but haven't really needed much.
Just the ususal add-ons, reg/services and tires.

Quick Reply: My dealership screwed me