Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun air ride....hehe

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009 | 01:11 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Well i just got finished pulling out my stock/lowering bolt shocks. The left side was about 2 minute to get out. But that DAMM right side F**k F**K F**K!!!! I forgot what a pain in the a$$ it was to put in, just as much of pain in the a$$ getting it out. I almost grabbed a hax saw to cut the lowering bolt in half to get the shock out(it crossed my mind). But after time i finally got it...WHEW! I will post some pics when installed.

Old 09-24-2009 | 02:29 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Well i just got finished pulling out my stock/lowering bolt shocks. The left side was about 2 minute to get out. But that DAMM right side F**k F**K F**K!!!! I forgot what a pain in the a$$ it was to put in, just as much of pain in the a$$ getting it out. I almost grabbed a hax saw to cut the lowering bolt in half to get the shock out(it crossed my mind). But after time i finally got it...WHEW! I will post some pics when installed.
Werd, that bolt was such a PITA when I installed my shocks I thought I was gonna meltdown. Apparently Snap-On makes a special tool for it, and when I go to airride I think I may just buy one.

Old 09-25-2009 | 06:02 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

Have you guys recieved your kits yet ?

Old 09-25-2009 | 07:32 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ScReaMnEagLE22
Have you guys recieved your kits yet ?
just got mine today, everything was brand new and boxed up nicely. I'm in the process of install should be done tonite will post pics.

Old 09-25-2009 | 08:40 PM
chromedome
Road Master

It "might" be a situation where a distributor ran into some cash flow problems and is selling at a significant discount. I don't think those who have ordered them will have any issues.

Hey BlacknChrome make sure you give your feedback so some of the doubters of this system will let up.

Old 09-26-2009 | 12:46 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Well just got finished with install and did a short test ride.

I had 2 problems with install. First one was because of my stock lowering bolt shocks. I guess with the pessure of lengthened shock at about the last quarter inch or so when i took them out they agle was off so it flattened out some threads. So a tap was used to clean out some threads on my swingarm mount wich was a b*tch to get to(right side). But was fixed.

The second was the upper wirring harnes. Well i guess JD or who ever installed the molex plugs on the wires put male fitting on both ends. So i went to Radio Shack and my luck they had nothing to match. So i ended up cutting and splicing wires together. Can't even tell what was fixed. Problem solved.

Next....

I took a short ride...around 5-10 miles or so...It felt strange to me as i am used to a rigid lowering bolt ride.
It actually felt soft in the rear. System will adjust on the fly at any speed with no problems. Tried to hit every bump that i could find and ride was great. I even went to a parking lot and hit some speed bumps with bike raised up. Wouldn't think about doing that before. I am used to lifting my a$$ on bumps do to the bronco effect of lowering bolts. But with these(shotgun) the rear cruised over them with no problems.
It was only a short test ride so i still need to find the perfect ride height for me. It kind of wierd riding my bike due to a stiff front end(progressive + heavy fork oil) and a nice cadillac ride in the rear. I'll get used to though. I forgot what a nice ride felt like since i lowered my bike in the rear about 2 weeks after i bought it.

Although it took me about 7hrs. to install and run my business at the same time everything worked out great. Will post pics....

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 09-26-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-26-2009 | 01:23 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior

Working on my order straight from JD's hopefully when Paypal starts co-operating it will get going to come overhere!

RJ

Old 09-26-2009 | 02:12 AM
JayDee5150
Road Master

Let's see those pictures tomorrow fow show!

Old 09-26-2009 | 08:07 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
|
Outstanding HDF Member

here are some pics of my bike raised and lowered..i would post a video but don't know how.

lowered

raised

Old 09-26-2009 | 08:46 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master

P.I.M.P.

Looks bad a$$...

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
here are some pics of my bike raised and lowered..i would post a video but don't know how.

lowered

raised

Quick Reply: Shotgun air ride....hehe