Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006 | 08:49 PM
GeezerGlider
|
Cruiser
Default New Heritage

Hello Softail People
I am formerly of the Electra Glide persuasion (hence the name, which I can't figure out a quick painless way to change), but an accident earlier this year seperated me from my Glide. I decided to do something a little different and once the insurance $$ came in I brought this beauty home. I'll admit all the bells and whistles on the glide were nice, but this ride seems to lend itself to much greater opportunities for personalization, and I already have a lengthy list of items to gradually transform it into my unique machine.

In the meantime, she's bone stock, and I'm breaking her in gently. Sure does ride great! I'll be pinging you nice folks on suggestions from time to time and looking admiringly at the pics of your iron steeds.

Ride safe and I'll see you on the road!

GG

Old 06-18-2006 | 10:08 PM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior
Default RE: New Heritage

ConGrats [sm=smiley20.gif]
look at my Sig

Old 06-18-2006 | 10:40 PM
WolfDog
Road Master

Nice Color, and look out for the catalog, the Softail Section is Pretty Big.....

Congrats , Ride On...............[8D]

Old 06-19-2006 | 12:09 AM
mcpastor
Tourer

Congratulations!

Nice bike and color. You're right about the customization opportunities. I've just scratched the surface. I'll look forward to your progress and pictures.

By the way, I rented and enjoyed a few Ultra Classics before buying my Softail. The bells and whistles were great, but I think you'll be enjoying the unique riding experience the Softail gives.

Old 06-19-2006 | 01:49 AM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Riders Club Member

Gorgeous color! Personally, I think the FLSTC reflects the soul of Harley-Davidson, but I know that's just a matter of personal taste!

For a look at how I've mosified mine in the 6 months I've had her, go here and scroll way down the page for pics and a detailed list of mods.

Meantime, enjoy that beauty!!

Philip

Old 06-19-2006 | 01:57 AM
cjmilez
Ultimate HDF Member

Congrats on the new Heritage...and welcome to softail family!!!! One thing you will love about the softail is the ability to completely change the look of your bike in a matter of a few dettaches...McPastor has shown a few pics of freat transformation!!!! One day I'll have on the bags, sissybar, and windshield....and within 5 mins...a completely customized Softail....
Enjoy and it's sure a beautiful color!!!

Old 06-19-2006 | 02:38 AM
SMSgt B
Road Master

That's a great deposit on the accessories....

Congrats

Old 06-19-2006 | 11:33 AM
GADave
Road Master

ORIGINAL: GeezerGlider

Hello Softail People
I am formerly of the Electra Glide persuasion....
Glad you've seen the light!

But seriously, great lookin' ride. Pull out the pocket book and polish up the mechanical skills, I'll bet it won't be long till you've got another couple K bolted on there!

How do you compare the ride at highway speeds to your old glide? IMO that's where the softail and 88B motor falls a little short, not quite as smooth and a more buzzy when ya get up over 65 mph for extended highway runnin'. But for 'round town and cruzin' through the mountains & backroads it's my perfect scoot. We need a sixth gear - taller than #5 to keep the rpm's in the sweet spot for the 88B when toolin' at 70-80.

Enjoy!

Dave from Georgia

Old 06-19-2006 | 07:03 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

How do you compare the ride at highway speeds to your old glide? IMO that's where the softail and 88B motor falls a little short, not quite as smooth and a more buzzy when ya get up over 65 mph for extended highway runnin'.
I have both a Heritage Classic and an Ultra Classic.

I agree on the 88B motor. The Heritage runs best at 60 to 65 and 2500 to 2800 rpm. The Ultra runs best at 80 and 2800 rpm. Don't get me wrong, the Heritage is an 03 with 29000 miles on it and I have done some long distance trips with it without any problems at all but I decided to use the Heritage for shorter trips of 1500 miles or less and the Ultra for everything else.

Old 06-19-2006 | 07:18 PM
Kid N8
Cruiser

Congrats GG,
Welcome to Heritage-world. Hope you have thousands of miles of happiness on down the road.

Quick Reply: New Heritage