Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craftsman/Sears red jack pics needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:58 PM
6fthook
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craftsman/Sears red jack pics needed

I got a Sears/Craftsman red motorcycle jack. The damn thing didn't come with instructions on how to assemble it. If anyone has one could you please take a few pics of it from a few angles so I could figure out how to put it together? I think I know, but I just want to make sure so I don't screw something up.

Also, may be a very newbie question but how do you jack the bike up? Correct me if I'm wrong: Put bike on jiffy stand, put jack underneath bike from exhaust side, start jacking until bike is straight? In my mind I'm scared that when the bike shifts to straight it's going to go too fast and topple over the other side.

I'm just looking to get the bike straight, not to lift it up completely or anything. If I have to do that in the future I'm going to get a J&S jack.

Thanks guys!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
ratslap
Stage III

I assume you have a softail. Slide the jack under the bike while it's on the kick stand. Make sure the jack is just in front of the shocks. At this point, you get on the bike a stand it up while at the same time grab the jack handle and pull the jack under the bike. Make sure the bike is centered in the jack.
You can now get off the bike with it resting on the jack and standing upright and jack it up. You can steady the bike by holding on the hand grip or seat on the way up.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Plasteredcat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this jack . It pretty easy to assemble. It will take a couple of times learning were exactly you position the jack under the bike. My bike is lowered so it makes it a bit easier. Sears makes another jack that lower. I love my jack though. I got it for fathers day and it makes cleaning your bike so much easier... enjoy

Old 09-15-2009, 09:55 PM
kentuckydave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to get on your bike and stand it up level. Take your right foot and slide the jack under the bike. Use your right foot to pump the jack. I do it all the time, its not that hard to do. You can later use your foot to release the jack and lower the bike.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

not sure U should be working on Ur bike....

Old 09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
quirino21
Cruiser

Take it back and get there yellow one. its more $$ but it's worth it. I have 4 friends with 4 broke Jacks. They all broke after one year.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i still dont see any pictures

Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's pics of mine hope they help. everything posted about getting it up on jack is right on. I've had this jack since 05 with no problems thought I only use it twice a year for maintenance. Seems to hold up fine.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CANTDR55
here's pics of mine hope they help. everything posted about getting it up on jack is right on. I've had this jack since 05 with no problems thought I only use it twice a year for maintenance. Seems to hold up fine.

There you go picture wise.
I guess some have had issues with them. I personaly have not. Have owned it since 06 roughly and use it often. Be sure to use the locks and not the bottle jack to hold the weight once jacked up.
Personaly I preffer the use of the Sears red over the yellow.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 PM
6fthook
Advanced

Thanks!!! Those pics should do it, I'm going to put it together tomorrow.

I'm putting a tri-bar LED tailight and docking hardware for passenger backrest on tomorrow so I'm going to jack it up a tiny bit so it's straight. Much easier to realign the holes for the docking hardware install with the bike straight.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Craftsman/Sears red jack pics needed