Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat w/Backrest on Heritage...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006 | 11:44 AM
hammer4
Cruiser
Default RE: Mustang Seat w/Backrest on Heritage...

I hear ya on the Corbin...lots "O" $$$$. I just put the Corbin close solo on my 06' Springer..WOW!! well worth the $$$
I went by the dealership to see if it was in after riding 1000 mi. in 3 days with the PGR. Put the Corbin on right there in the parking lot and wanted to ride another 1000 mi. I was dog tired but the Corbin fit in all the right places. Money well spent.

Sorry to hear about the Mustang, alot of guys I know like em' just fine.

Old 06-18-2006 | 10:21 PM
Stevenml155
|
Tourer

I checked out the Corbin website and the close looks like it might be a good option. Does it give you enough support in your thigh area? The Mustang really let me down in support as it got really narrow up by the tank. I think I'll check out the Corbin measurements against the stock seat and see if they are real different.

Old 06-19-2006 | 12:14 AM
hammer4
Cruiser

The Corbin is much more narrow up by the tank, thats one thing that I really liked about it. The stock seat made my upper legs sore...[bottom of my thighs] The Corbin also set me a little lower...mabey 3/4". I'm 5'7" short legs, the lower seat position and narrow front was just right for me. If you can get one of your buds to let you sit in his would be the best way to tell...before you drop all that "heavy iron' [old timey Black saying for to much money down here in the south] Man if your gonna do the long hall a seat that fits is well worth the money!! I wish you much luck. Let us know how it works out!!

Old 06-19-2006 | 01:43 AM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Riders Club Member

Sorry to hear the seat didn't work out for you. I must mention that many others have found that particular model somewhat lacking.

Before you give up on Mustang, you might want to try the wide touring. I have it on my bike, and when people talk about how much they love their Mustang seats, this is the one they are talking about.

You can check out the look here. Scroll most of the way down the page.

I've had Corbins. They're great seats, but many find them much too hard.

Best of luck whichever way you go!

Philip

Old 06-19-2006 | 05:11 PM
Stevenml155
|
Tourer

Thanks for the heads up! I did talk with Mustang and they are going to see if they can send out the wide solo and let me try it out before I return the pillon and backrest. If the wide solo works then I can just send back the sport version. It's like I wish HD made a backrest for the stocker, that's all I really need, so if the Mustang is pretty close to that then I'm in biz..>!

Old 06-19-2006 | 05:23 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Riders Club Member

Well Steve, be aware that the wide touring will likely move you back and down a bit. That prompted me to add the Wild1 bars, which have a lot more pullback than the stockers and eliminated the need to stretch my arms to reach the grips.

Also, regardless of what folks say, it takes about 1000 miles to break the saddle in, and to get the backrest height and lean angle to where they are most comfortable for you. With a bit of patience, you'll find the sweet spot and be set for all-day rides!

Let us know how it works out for you,

Philip

Old 06-20-2006 | 01:01 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

I got a question for you I am short like you any problems mounting your bike with the rider backrest? when you swing your leg over?

Old 06-20-2006 | 01:48 AM
Rockies Rider
Intermediate

I just put the Mustang with backrest on my 97 Heritage, great seat. The backrest folds flat onto the seat to ease getting on.

Old 06-20-2006 | 01:52 AM
Stevenml155
|
Tourer

Like others said, the backrest folds flat for when your getting on, then you just lift it back up. It's a slick design. I tried sitting on a bike with the wide model today, but not quite right for me, sat me really low, seems a bit uncomfortable for me. The seats by Mustang are very well made and look great, so I wouldn't let my experience stop anyone from getting one, it just wasn't a good fit for me that's all.

Old 06-20-2006 | 01:57 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

sounds great! what I wanted to here.

Quick Reply: Mustang Seat w/Backrest on Heritage...