Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price I paid for a 2010 Heritage Softail Was it a good deal???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009 | 07:25 AM
hogowner69
|
Road Master
Default Price I paid for a 2010 Heritage Softail Was it a good deal???

Yesterday I bought a 2010 Heritage Softail......

I love the bike and color....they just got it in and they took me down to the service dept even before they started to prep it to show it out on the floor...
The ONLY my dealer did was to take off the bullsh*t $995 freight charge.....other then that it was MSRP all the way.......

here in NY the tax is like 8.625%...so after everything was said and done the bike was
20,380.85 The two tone option was extra and so was the profile laced wide whitewall wheels....
was it a good deal....the more I think about it....maybe not...I could have squeezed him for something.....but I LOVED the bike so I paid.....

he gave me a whopping 10% off for parts (which I get anyway because I am a member of thier hog chapter)

So as long as I am happy....I guess I made a good deal!

I went to 1 other dealer and basically offered the same deal!

So what is a good deal? Do the dealers give anything away this year??

Old 09-12-2009 | 07:52 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Ya' know Hog so long as you didnt pay over MSRP you aint doing bad....Lots of dealers stick to the MSRP guns on the 2010's.... Our local dealer was taking 2 grand off some of the 09's and I think the best deal I saw on a Heritage pre-tax was 17 grand....I dunno if they would slap frieght back on that or any of the tacky fee's.

Didnt they lower the MSRP on the 2010's anyway?

In all reality may could be if you would have fought with then you could have gotten what say $500-$1000 off MSRP if they were really needing to move what looks to be the sexiest 2010 Heritage ever built?

MSRP plus tax aint shameful..Its a Harley Davidson! And its badass.

IMO you did just fine. Now go ride that Sexy Muthafvcker!!

Old 09-12-2009 | 07:57 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Smile

i just bought a 2010 fatboy lo vivid sticker 16.300 alarm 330 frieght 335 setup 200 total 17.165 ....i paid sticker nothing off lol some free stuff they gave me i got free deverly yippy .........good luck with the bike nice color

Old 09-12-2009 | 08:33 AM
hogowner69
|
Road Master

Thanks guys...The price I paid also includes around $150 registration fees as well as title........I am going to leave the dealer install my Stage 1...Filter...power pak and Longhsots......I am going to pick up the bike next Saturday. I am going on vacation on Monday and coming back on Friday.....so you KNOW i am really going to enjoy this vacation......Sun, fun, drinking, gambling and come back to my Heritage!

Does life get any better then this...(I guess it would be if my wife wasn't going on vacation with me) LOL LOL

Old 09-12-2009 | 08:44 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Thumbs up

i love your bike and the color the picture is great.....i like my 2010 fatboy lo i will not ride it to i get my rush slip on the bike sounds like a sewing machine lol......................enjoy your vaction KOJAX I AM HAPPY FOR YOU

Old 09-12-2009 | 08:45 AM
hogowner69
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by KOJAX
i love your bike and the color the picture is great.....i like my 2010 fatboy lo i will not ride it to i get my rush slip on the bike sounds like a sewing machine lol......................enjoy your vaction KOJAX I AM HAPPY FOR YOU
call me a mini Mr Clean LOL

Old 09-12-2009 | 08:49 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

don't worry about what you paid. if you love your bike - then it was the right price. IMO: this is the wrong place to discuss what you paid. you're gonna get those that will tell you how the dealer "begged" them to take the bike and took $1000s off the MSRP and got $1000s of free bling too. to them I'd day, post the bill of sale to back up your boosting.

now... like Chazmanian said - RIDE!!!!

oh - (I forgot to add) NICE LOOKING RIDE!

Old 09-12-2009 | 08:51 AM
hogowner69
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by aviator
don't worry about what you paid. if you love your bike - then it was the right price. IMO: this is the wrong place to discuss what you paid. you're gonna get those that will tell you how the dealer "begged" them to take the bike and took $1000s off the MSRP and got $1000s of free bling too. to them I'd day, post the bill of sale to back up your boosting.

now... like Chazmanian said - RIDE!!!!
Ride and Ride some more......not getting the bike until next Saturday....wife and I are on vacation Mon-Fri...so when I get back..off to the dealer to pick up the Heritage with about another $4000 in chrome!!! I will post pics after I pick it up!!

Old 09-12-2009 | 09:44 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Talking

WOW the bike has enough chrome lol lol

Old 09-12-2009 | 09:46 AM
hogowner69
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by KOJAX
WOW the bike has enough chrome lol lol

enough chrome? what does that mean?

Quick Reply: Price I paid for a 2010 Heritage Softail Was it a good deal???