Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price I paid for a 2010 Heritage Softail Was it a good deal???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009 | 04:07 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

Sounds like you did fine. Not great but certainly fair....

Dude, I have to say, I'm not a big fan of heritage softails normally but that has got to be the best looking heritage softail I have ever seen. The color combo is just awesome and the overall appearance is just timeless! You did great IMO.

Old 09-12-2009 | 04:41 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by FunkyNova66
Sounds like you did fine. Not great but certainly fair....

Dude, I have to say, I'm not a big fan of heritage softails normally but that has got to be the best looking heritage softail I have ever seen. The color combo is just awesome and the overall appearance is just timeless! You did great IMO.

I second that motion!!

That color is just crazy cool!!

Old 09-12-2009 | 05:49 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

LOL...bet I have ALOT more money than what you paid for yours. And mine is a 2000!

Good lookin bike! Can't wait to see the pics after you get it!

Old 09-12-2009 | 06:39 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

I have had mine about a month and paid msrp + tax and tags.
I paid right at $20 k for mine.
I dont have the security system on mine and its not 2 tone, also have the regular wheels.
So Id say you have a good deal, by the way did you get the security system?
Also, I see you are in long lsland, my great grandfather was from long island, was a merchant marine and met my great grandma here and never got back on the boat!
Any way enjoy your bike, ive got 900 miles on mine now, seems its raining constantly here since I got it.
Ive been rained on 4 times including the ride home from the dealer. LOL

Old 09-12-2009 | 06:45 PM
hogowner69
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by fireman9513
I have had mine about a month and paid msrp + tax and tags.
I paid right at $20 k for mine.
I dont have the security system on mine and its not 2 tone, also have the regular wheels.
So Id say you have a good deal, by the way did you get the security system?
Also, I see you are in long lsland, my great grandfather was from long island, was a merchant marine and met my great grandma here and never got back on the boat!
Any way enjoy your bike, ive got 900 miles on mine now, seems its raining constantly here since I got it.
Ive been rained on 4 times including the ride home from the dealer. LOL

WOW if you paid 20,000 out the door I feel like I got a GREAT deal!!!

Laced profile wheels with wide white walls.....2 tone paint......security system...taxes...tags.....$20,380 out the door!!!

and that is with 8.62% tax rate $1600 in taxes

I just ordered around $3000 worth of chrome and pipes.....as soon as it is ready...I will post pics!

Old 09-12-2009 | 06:50 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hogowner69
WOW if you paid 20,000 out the door I feel like I got a GREAT deal!!!

Laced profile wheels with wide white walls.....2 tone paint......security system...taxes...tags.....$20,380 out the door!!!

I added around $3000 worth of chrome and pipes.....as soon as it is ready...I will post pics!
Yeh thats what im saying you got a great deal, I actually paid just a little less after looking at the actual finance papers, but im satisfied.
I was riding an electraglide classic and it was just too much bike for the riding I do, also I couldnt falt foot it comfortably.
I really love my heritage and I plan to add pipes to it soon, I added a mustache engine guard when I bought it and put the highway pegs I had on the glide on it.
Im much more comfortable riding the heritage and confident also, fits like a glove.
Enjoy your new ride, it looks great, looking forward to seeing what chome goodies you add to it.
Oh I did add the wider passenger pillion for the wifes comfort.

Old 09-12-2009 | 06:57 PM
hogowner69
|
Road Master

I also got rid of my Ultra for the same reason.....I used to have a '93 Heritage which I LOVED...I felt like I was riding it instead of it riding me...

here are a few pics of the bike

Attached Thumbnails Price I paid for a 2010 Heritage Softail Was it a good deal???-bike-002.jpg   Price I paid for a 2010 Heritage Softail Was it a good deal???-bike-005.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009 | 07:06 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

I also got rid of my Ultra for the same reason.....I used to have a '93 Heritage which I LOVED...I felt like I was riding it instead of it riding me...

here are a few pics of the bike
That was a nice looking bike also.
I purchased my first Harley 3 yrs ago.
I bought a used 1200 custom as my wife never wanted to ride on my honda, nor did she want me to have a bike.
After I got the 1200 she wanted to ride all the time, so after a year I purchased a 2005 used e glide classic.
I just couldnt get that "feeling" for the bike, so after 7000 miles and a year I bought the bike I kept coming back to in the beginnig, the heritage and couldnt be happier.
I had so many people tell me I needed a touring bike.
No. 1 rule should be, buy what you want not what someone says you need.
Opinions are so biased when it comes to Harleys.
Any how I plan tom take mine in next week for the 1000 mile service and gonna put synthetics in it.
But I will say that this bike runs much cooler then my 05 glide did, it was the 88 cube and had vance and hines headpipes and rush mufflers with 2 in. baffles.
I havent decided yet what kind of exhaust im going to on this bike.

Old 09-12-2009 | 07:07 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

YES!!! when I go back today to get my goodies.....they will give me a t shirt....I also asked for a key chain.....but I think I am pushing it LOL

NO WAY!!!!....call the deal off if ya dont get ya key chain!!!....and make sure they fill the gas right to the top!!..........

Old 09-12-2009 | 07:12 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rocker_Dan
NO WAY!!!!....call the deal off if ya dont get ya key chain!!!....and make sure they fill the gas right to the top!!..........
I got two T shirts, two key chains, A new HD goodies catalog, $50 off my engine guard and free install, and a full tank of gas, But I didnt get my Kiss! LOL

Quick Reply: Price I paid for a 2010 Heritage Softail Was it a good deal???