Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Seat (pics)

First thing I noticed about the Mustang Seat was the weight. It is easy 2-3 times heavier. No plastic pan.
It comes with no instructions, but isn't hard to figure out. Did take some tweaking to get the hardware to line up with the bike. All in all it took just under 30 minutes from start to finish.

I think it makes the bike better looking, but did not by it for that reason! Bought it for comfort as the OEM seat is crap. No support at all .

I really like the way that the drivers backrest folds down. Makes it allot easier to get on and off teh bike!

Now maybe my joints won't hurt so much after a long day in the saddle!

Old 06-15-2006, 03:21 PM
mcpastor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Seat (pics)

Looks Great! I've been thinking about buying that exact same seat for my bike. Keep us posted as to the long term comfort. It's definitely a different shape than the OEM; I wonder about the sharpness of the angle on the driver's seat. My rear's not that shape! (Round is a shape, right?). Also, since it is so much heavier, how does your bike handle now?

Old 06-15-2006, 04:21 PM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

looks good. fits your bike good. bet the ladys like riding on the back. i have the stock pillow seat on my fxstc and all the ladys go over and feel the rear seat and say how comfortable it feels and looks. thoses little seats might look cool but its like riding on your fender.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior

Just took it for a little ride mcpastor. Had to adjust the mirrow as the seat does sit a little lower.

Much better on the butt! The seat is a little uncomfortable when my feet are on the ground, but is great as soon as I am in ridding position. The weight difference in the seats is nil when ridding. I am able to stretch out allot more with this one too. Nice leather all around. Firm, yet soft enough to cushion the bumbs. Real test this evening when the wife gets home from work. Oh, and the riders backrest. Everyone should have one of those! Wonder why I waited so long!

Old 06-15-2006, 08:30 PM
mcpastor
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Had to adjust the mirrow as the seat does sit a little lower....I am able to stretch out allot more with this one too.
So the seat is a little lower...and it sits back farther too?

Also, I didn't know the Mustang seats had leather trim.

Let us know how the lil' lady likes it!

Old 06-15-2006, 08:41 PM
MsPotatoPotatoHead
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ken, that's the seat I've got on my Heritage. Best damn seat made, IMO! On other seats I tried (maybe 5 different ones in all), I usually had to call it a day after 150-200 miles, and the last 100 miles or so was pretty painful. I've ridden the Mustang seat for close to 400 miles and my butt NEVER complains! It is just fantastic. I also like the way it sits you a little lower and farther back, as well as the narrower front which makes it easier to get both feet down flat at stops. You will enjoy it immensely. Also, the backrest may be the best thing ever invented for preventing general fatigue while riding.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:59 AM
haksaw
Road Master

hey you're from albert lea. I'd never heard of the place but I ended up spending a night there last week. I was out near there for a meeting and decided to take my deluxe and turn it into a little trip. Nice roads out there.

Funny coincidence.

Nice seat btw.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:03 PM
camman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So who did you buy the seat from and were you happy with price / service? What model seat? Is it the wide one?

Old 06-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior

I bought it direct from Mustang.

I tried Cyclespot.com first. Let's just say that I'll never use them again for anything.

As for the price. They are not cheap. The entire seat package comes close to $800. Figure the amount of time spent sitting on the bike, and I think it's money worth spending. The stock seats are crap. The need for a great seat were high priority for me.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:26 PM
heavypic
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Riders

I have an 04 Fat Boy. Spent some time on the Mustang site. I am considering going with the 75073-Vintage Wide Super Touring Seat (17.5" wide front / 14" wide back) -or- the Sport Vintage Solo (75230 / front 15"W) and Rear seat (75231 / 11"W). I like the looks of the Sport version better but the front and rear seats give up some width and back support vs. the Vintage Wide Super Touring model.

Anyone have experience with the either of these seats?

I ride 2-up alot and my lady slides around on the stock seat with every throttle and brake use. We ride somtimes 2-4 hours in a day. The stock seat and handlebar are not cutting it. I've got Wild1 - 8" drag bars to install to improve reach a little. I'm looking into passenger floorboards too that will fit with my V&H Big Shot Staggered pipes. I'm hoping these changes and a new seat will be the solution because we really like to ride. I like the bike like no other, but I really need to lose the midback and butt pain...

Appreciate any info...

Regards
AlbertG

Quick Reply: New Seat (pics)