Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these guys f'n nuts or what??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009 | 09:03 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

Chit you're part of the crowd Mark. What's the old saying? Oh yeah "takes one to know one."..........................

How you been Chazmo?Tired of painting lines yet? G.

Old 09-09-2009 | 09:14 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

wut are you guys using for the wire extension ?...........wuts this plug n play thing im hearing about.................im tring to get everything ordered but im stuck on the wire xtend and wut would make it easier.................i hate to splice wires, to bulky..ends up being a pain in the ****

Old 09-09-2009 | 09:22 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by back again
Chit you're part of the crowd Mark. What's the old saying? Oh yeah "takes one to know one."..........................

Birds of a feather... lol

Old 09-10-2009 | 11:01 AM
pbasz
Intermediate

If you go the wire splicing route, be sure to stagger your splices...it will prevent a bunch of solder and heat shrink bulging up in one place. It's easy.
I can't comment on the 10 hours part. It always takes me longer than i plan/ tell...but I prefer to do my own work. Plus you'll have to take into account your beer to bathroom ratio. Have fun with it.

Old 09-10-2009 | 02:14 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
wut are you guys using for the wire extension ?...........wuts this plug n play thing im hearing about.................im tring to get everything ordered but im stuck on the wire xtend and wut would make it easier.................i hate to splice wires, to bulky..ends up being a pain in the ****
Here's a link to a plug and play kit from ebay. You can get different lengths too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Handl...=p4506.c0.m245

Chop On,
Robert

Old 09-10-2009 | 02:26 PM
04Springer
Advanced

Man if I can do it...anyone can do it. I spent a lot more time to do this but it was mainly because of school. And I only have drag bars so running the wires internally was a little easier (but not much)

This is the wiring and switches I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROM...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 09-10-2009 | 04:03 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

I helped a buddy of mine install a set of 18s on his heritage and it does take alot of doing,not only the wires but the clutch cable,brake cable and getting everything back just right. But we did it in about 8hrs and he loves them.

Old 09-10-2009 | 04:42 PM
TattedUp
Tourer

u guys are forgetting about the 4 hour test drive to make sure they are on right. Better drop it off on a full tank.

Old 09-10-2009 | 05:00 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by back again

Sick and tired!!!

Been out on local Asphalt jobs and Sealcoating stuff lately. I miss the AC in the comfy office!!

Old 09-10-2009 | 05:02 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by redbone62
ya know if you got any mechanical skills and some conman sense you can do it

Quick Reply: Are these guys f'n nuts or what??