Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You think your horn is loud, don't you? Hear me roar!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:17 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default You think your horn is loud, don't you? Hear me roar!

Hey guys! I am getting tired with my horn, I have replaced the stock horn with a Fiamm high note, it is better than stock but lack of bass tone. I was riding behind my buddy the other day, honking for 30 seconds to tell him to stop for gas, he didn't hear nothing because his exhaust is too damn loud. I went to Napa and picked up a Fiamm low tone horn, mount in under the frame above the shocks, put a relay and wired the whole thing with a 10a fuse, it blows my mind. When I took the video this morning, I accidentally set off my neighbor's car alarm lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpg5Z...e=channel_page

Old 09-07-2009, 06:27 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds loud and clear, but like the looks and sound of the air horns trumpet-like...

Nice vid,

Mimo.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

play more pantera or srv horn is ok sounds like mine from napa

Old 09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine is so high pitched it barely records on my camera.....Its so loud in person it hurts yer' ears...The dogs in the hood flip out when I honk that thing. Oddly tho' my camera recorder dosent capture its true vile fury!!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:53 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

Chaz, your horns are loud, sound higher pitch but good for honking at cagers lol. I like air horns but don't like the look on my fatty, it looks good on your train and deluxe for sure.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 186 Likes on 147 Posts

I like it! I installed the low Fiamm and it is louder and fuller sounding than stock. But, two would be better. A couple weeks ago I was trying to ge a friend to pull over also.. lol He didnt even have loud pipes on but a full face helmet... Is their enough room for both of them above the shocks? I wonder if the sound would be blocked too much by the plastic fender piece if both horns were mounted their.... Lets see your mounting bracket.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:30 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

There isn't enough room for 2 horns, remember the swing arm travels up and down, one horn barely fit there. I used the bracket that came in the horn package and make another L-shape bracket, mounted in one of the belt guard bolts. Whatever you make, make sure it doesn't hit the swing arm and belt, you could be in big trouble. To take a close up picture, I got to remove the cover, tell you later.

Originally Posted by KumaRide
I like it! I installed the low Fiamm and it is louder and fuller sounding than stock. But, two would be better. A couple weeks ago I was trying to ge a friend to pull over also.. lol He didnt even have loud pipes on but a full face helmet... Is their enough room for both of them above the shocks? I wonder if the sound would be blocked too much by the plastic fender piece if both horns were mounted their.... Lets see your mounting bracket.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Reino_79
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If youve got a crash bar, get one of the police horn/siren units. They work very well and are very loud. I wouldnt recommend using the siren though.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:29 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=128auto;5547731]Hey guys! I am getting tired with my horn, I have replaced the stock horn with a Fiamm high note, it is better than stock but lack of bass tone. I was riding behind my buddy the other day, honking for 30 seconds to tell him to stop for gas, he didn't hear nothing because his exhaust is too damn loud. I went to Napa and picked up a Fiamm low tone horn, mount in under the frame above the shocks, put a relay and wired the whole thing with a 10a fuse, it blows my mind. When I took the video this morning, I accidentally set off my neighbor's car alarm lol.

but why ? who cares ? must be an American thing

Old 09-08-2009, 02:54 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

What American thing are you talking about bud? I don't get it LOL
I didn't know ppl use cowbell instead of horn in England, just kiddn'
Come on! it's a free country! I don't care what ppl think.

Quick Reply: You think your horn is loud, don't you? Hear me roar!