Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

input on lepera seat positions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:41 PM
6fthook
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default input on lepera seat positions

I placed an order for a lepera upfront barebones seat through phatperformanceparts.com. I'm starting to think that the 2" forward is way too much for what I need, so I tried to cancel the order. It's already in production so the order can't be canceled, but just got an e-mail from them saying that I can change it to another seat instead.

I'm looking for input from people here with their experience with Lepera seats. Trying to find a seat that puts the rider a little closer to the ground, and either same forward/back position as a stock 07 NT seat or just slightly forward (as long as not farther back than stock). Preferably looking for a 2up seat also (even though my original order is not).

Also, if another company's seat matches my needs, please let me know too.

Thanks guys/gals!

Last edited by 6fthook; 09-02-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:51 PM
neocontra
Banned

Hey man. I have the Lepera Silhouette solo seat on my 08 night train. That seat is a little bit more cushioned than the barebones, but I've heard not by much. It brings me down and back about 1". It's very firm but I find it great as I hate softer seats. The base of the seat itself (where your *** sits) is also slightly wider. This bothered me at first but after 2 days it was nothing.

I would say that looking at the Barebones upfront, it's gonna def push you forward..but only you can decide if it's what you want. What's the problem? Foot reach or hand reach or both?

If I could change anything I would get the silhouette 2 up seat. I love the way the solo looks on the bike, but haven't been able to find a good pad and I can't use a suction p-pad as it won't stick to my fender.

Last edited by neocontra; 09-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:13 PM
6fthook
Advanced

Thanks for the input!

The thing is, I'm vertically challenged (roughly 5'6"). I fit fine on the NT, can flat foot, reach the controls and bars easily, etc. Only thing is I'm a little hunched over, but I got the Carlini original T's in 7" rise, so that'll bring the bars back more and a little higher which I think may be a little more comfortable.

The reason why I'm looking for a new seat is because I want to be a little closer to the ground while at stops and especially for backing up. Also looking for a different look to change up the bike some.

I was looking at the C&C squareback, but for now I'm stuck with Lepera since I placed an order already, not that it's a bad thing.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
neocontra
Banned

I have apes on my NT but I know what you mean though. I would call Lepera and speak with someone there. I did. She was very helpful and accurate describing the seating positions to me.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

I have the silhouette with biker gel on the deuce,love it both for looks and comfort.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Subaqua
Intermediate

I had the same problem. I almost tried everk kind of seat. Lepera bare Bone, LePera Up Front Bare Bone, Corbin Close Solo...

Le Pera Bare Bone is good in terms of reach the ground but will not get you closer to the bars..
LePera UpFront Bare Bone will definetly help you to reach the ground and get you closer to the bars but I found it very uncomfortable. It totally changes your riding position. You are sitting on the bike, not in the bike..
Corbin Close Solo is much better than Up Front Bare Bone but still you are sittin on the bike and it is quite expensive..

I found the solution by putting handle bar risers which gives me a better control and using LePera Bare Bone seat.
Let me know if you have any question and Good Luck..

Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I fit fine on the NT, can flat foot, reach the controls and bars easily, etc. Only thing is I'm a little hunched over, but I got the Carlini original T's in 7" rise, so that'll bring the bars back more and a little higher which I think may be a little more comfortable.
Heres my prediction:

Bare Bones and a set of mini apes by next summer!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:36 PM
6fthook
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the input! Very much appreciated

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Heres my prediction:

Bare Bones and a set of mini apes by next summer!!!
haha can't say that setup didn't cross my mind every now and then. But I can't get away from the badass look of straight drag bars. Got carlini 7" rise bars that I will probably paint black and put on sometime soon

Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 PM
matt816
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CC Seats square back on my fxsts and its bad ***! Superb quality and comfort but then again i dont like cushie seats