Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals for heritage

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 AM
paul6726
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals for heritage

Ok im very confused about true duals for a heritage softtail classic. When i go to the exhaust mfg sites like V&H or Bubb and i type in my year and model (2009) flstc it never allows to select dual exhaust out the back. But when i was at a rally last weekend i saw a few Heritage softtail classics with them.... whats the scoop?

Old 08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Softail Tony
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out the samson exhaust site .. they have a bunch of complete systems.. that's what I'm going with this winter.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

some or most of the time, just call the factory and get the answer straight from them..

Old 08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
TAWoody
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
some or most of the time, just call the factory and get the answer straight from them..
If you want to get a hold of V&H you want to call them. I have emailed them a few times over the past few years and have NEVER gotten a reply. Not the first company to blow off customers like this so I wasn't super pissed, but I was trying to ask them something so I could buy one of their exhausts, you'd think that would totally call back people like me.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
PewterHeritage
Cruiser

Putting on some duals myself this winter...tax refund check. Probably dumping about 2k total with duals, engine guard w/highway pegs w/stirrups, passenger floorboards...also kicking around the idea of some apes, and of course little chrome odds and ends.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:45 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Okay, maybe I'm wrong here, but the Heritage already has "true dual exhaust". They just happen to both be on the same side of the bike. Wouldn't a crossover under the bike REALLY hamper cornering and rough bumps due to how low it already sits?

BTW, PewterHeritage, that bike is beautiful. And just like I want!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,184 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by TAWoody
If you want to get a hold of V&H you want to call them. I have emailed them a few times over the past few years and have NEVER gotten a reply. Not the first company to blow off customers like this so I wasn't super pissed, but I was trying to ask them something so I could buy one of their exhausts, you'd think that would totally call back people like me.
I have also had issues with Vance and Hines customer service, in fact about 4 years ago they said they would call me back over mapping issues with a fuel pack. They still haven't called me. After about a month of "waiting" for them to return my call, I bought a PCIII and never looked back. I doubt I will buy anything else from V&H.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Okay, maybe I'm wrong here, but the Heritage already has "true dual exhaust". They just happen to both be on the same side of the bike. Wouldn't a crossover under the bike REALLY hamper cornering and rough bumps due to how low it already sits?

True duals don't have a crossover. And the crossover duals don't go under the bike.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
HeritageTookMyMoney
Advanced

I love the V&H True Duals on my Heritage. Great sound. Great performance.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:57 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71

The heritage doesn't come with true duals stock. They do have a cross-over.... "true duals" = no crossover

And to the OP...why run V&H when Samson are available....no brainer..IMO of course.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 08-28-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: True duals for heritage