Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I lightened my bike - ALOT what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like my bike last week....lol I do have my motor back in the frame now.

Good luck in your venture!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:45 PM
chad pickens
Road Captain

I just found out I wont have my pistons till next week so I wont have the motor in till then. I was looking forward to putting it together this weekend.I guess Ill get a 1 7/8 socket fabed up this weekend so I can change my trans pulley. and get the wheel back on

Old 08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chad pickens
I like to do my own work If sometime in the future I want to do that Ill find some one to talk to about how and give it a try. For now I like it the lenghth it is.But you never know raking the front end has crossed my mind
The only reason I was thinking of it so I can have alil more stretch to more than raking it. I put 5 degree trees on mine but I would mind having acouple more degrees in the neck.. You would have to make a jig to hold everything in place, then be able to change degree on neck. I like doing all my own work to, havent paided anyone to do anything to my bike yet and dont plan on it ever. I get more joy out of it doing it myself.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 PM
TAWoody
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, at first I thought that was a work garage...until I saw the kid's race playmat under the bike. I wish my garage was that big. We have to park the 2nd car outside all year because the bike and 2 cars don't fit into the 2 car (townhouse) garage.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 PM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chad got to give it to you at lest you do your own work bikes are very hands on thats how you learn with some help from Friends good luck getting her back together

Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
chad pickens
Road Captain

Originally Posted by busch
Chad got to give it to you at lest you do your own work bikes are very hands on thats how you learn with some help from Friends good luck getting her back together
thanks Ive been builing my own race engines for about 20 years now so the engine work is easy to me. The rest is new. But thats why I like the harley it pretty basic compared to other bikes. My 4 wheeler is harder to work on than this.I am trying something different in this build if it works ill tell you all what it is.