Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

beating a dead horse on V&H rocker exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 PM
bluerocker
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beating a dead horse on V&H rocker exhaust

New forum but have read for a long time. I know this subject have been duscussed way too much and I have read posts about it until my eyes crossed but I am in the process of installing V&H 2 into 1 with fuelpak and V&H Drak air kit on my 09 rocker C. Hope all goes well and will post updated pic when complete. From what I have read there are many more opinions (both for and against) that options available on the fuel management issue so I hope I am making the right choice. Glad to be here and learning alot.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Blues Rocker
Intermediate

I think you are really going to like that set up. I've owned aV&H Pro Pipe and now run a V&H Big Shot Staggered with the SE Air Filter and managed by the V&H Fuel Pack.

The 2 into 1's look awesome and the Fuel Pack will do a great job of programming fuel with the right code. Great choice imho.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:44 PM

R U doing yourself or shop?

Old 09-05-2009, 10:44 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

great newbe addon

Old 09-10-2009, 08:13 PM
bluerocker
6th Gear

Update on the progress. Finally got the exhaust in after they shipped the wrong set. Got everything installed. Did it myself and what a job that is. Fuelpak is a cinch to install if your fingers are 12 inches long and the diameter of a plug wire. Exhaust was not that hard. Got everything on and went for about a 15 minute test ride and sounds great, runs great as well. Got back on about 45 minutes to ride and the engine was surging at low RPM. Too wiped to deal with it tonight. Plan on rechecking all connections on Fuelpak and if OK gonna call V&H tech. Will post update and pics later on.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 PM
bluerocker
6th Gear

Updated pic with the new pipes & AC. What a job installing the fuelpak. Think it would be easier to go ahead and remove the rear fender beforehand.

Attached Thumbnails beating a dead horse on V&H rocker exhaust-rocker3.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Maimas
Road Warrior

Make sure you are running the correct map. I would call them and just double check. After that, once you have the correct map, make sure all the entries are correct. Measure twice, cut once...

Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluerocker
Update on the progress. Finally got the exhaust in after they shipped the wrong set. Got everything installed. Did it myself and what a job that is. Fuelpak is a cinch to install if your fingers are 12 inches long and the diameter of a plug wire. Exhaust was not that hard. Got everything on and went for about a 15 minute test ride and sounds great, runs great as well. Got back on about 45 minutes to ride and the engine was surging at low RPM. Too wiped to deal with it tonight. Plan on rechecking all connections on Fuelpak and if OK gonna call V&H tech. Will post update and pics later on.

So what was the deal? Did everything check out or did you call tech?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:27 AM
bluerocker
6th Gear

Problem was the idle control per the pulled code. To make a long story short, when I installed the fuelpak I did not get it far enough under the swingarm and in my excitement to ride it I damaged the ECM plug when the swingarm pushed against it during the ride ( I know....have called myself much worse and should have known better). Good news is that I called V&H and they sent me a new fuelpak, just paid shipping. Sent my damaged one back to them. Took the bike in to my harley dealer, they ordered the new plug and installed it for FREE. Even put the fuelpak on for no charge. Covered it under warranty work. Couldn't believe it. Gave the service guy a nice tip for doing that. Bike running great now. Just a small backfire now and then on up throttle in low gears.