Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 02:24 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Air Suspension

Well, I finally got around to putting my Arnott Air Suspension on the ol rocker. I would post a video or something but there's already some on here and it does the same thing. It's nice to be able to get a nicer ride when I need it but to be honest, I actually still choose to ride it bottomed out. I guess I just prefer sitting down lower in the bike. The only time I raise it up is when I have a passenger. Probably wouldnt buy it again for that reason but I guess its pretty cool.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:54 AM
transam7969
Road Master

Post the vid/pics anyway

Old 08-23-2009, 12:14 PM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like it lowered, such as for the Heartland kit, is there any other method other than air suspension that would accommodate the occasional passenger?

Old 08-23-2009, 02:12 PM
DevilDogg
Tourer

Originally Posted by austinharley
If you like it lowered, such as for the Heartland kit, is there any other method other than air suspension that would accommodate the occasional passenger?
The lowering kit I had on there before from Harley was adjustable. There was a bolt that you could tighten or loosen and it would adjust the height.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDogg
Well, I finally got around to putting my Arnott Air Suspension on the ol rocker. I would post a video or something but there's already some on here and it does the same thing. It's nice to be able to get a nicer ride when I need it but to be honest, I actually still choose to ride it bottomed out. I guess I just prefer sitting down lower in the bike. The only time I raise it up is when I have a passenger. Probably wouldnt buy it again for that reason but I guess its pretty cool.
Award for the most brutally expensive yet dead nuts honest post of the day:

Those things you just said? Thats whats been holding me back as well. I just dont think I would ever ride it in the up position. I'm convinced I would simply continue to bounce around as low as I could possibly go....

Nice post Mang!!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:30 PM
DevilDogg
Tourer

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Award for the most brutally expensive yet dead nuts honest post of the day:

Those things you just said? Thats whats been holding me back as well. I just dont think I would ever ride it in the up position. I'm convinced I would simply continue to bounce around as low as I could possibly go....

Nice post Mang!!
Yeah, I dont mind the hardtail feel. I rode it last weekend up to Dragon Tail and did 400miles. Tried riding about 50miles with it up but ended up doing the other 350 with it slammed. My butt hurt more with it up because you sit in a different position on the seat. I've had mine slammed since I got it so I have my comfort spot worn in I guess.

The money part does suck...royally. They give you 30days to turn it back in, but as soon as I got it I ended up having to go to NTC for military duty so didnt get back until after the 30days had expired. At that point, figured might as well put it on. I actually broke my jack trying to get the shocks off so add another hundred bucks to the cost. :-/. Next project is raking it out more.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:33 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

love to see that raked out mon
here is the ol video too

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Pz7Y-PAfE

Last edited by m i k e; 08-23-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:46 AM
dmp
Cruiser

I couldn't ride mine with out it. Slammed is cool around town but if you're gonna ride it seriously, you have to put some air in it, the rocker ride like a pile o $#!T when it's slammed. On the Freeway at 80+ and hit a bump with no air.. and I guarantee the next time you'll remember to air it up.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDogg
Yeah, I dont mind the hardtail feel. I rode it last weekend up to Dragon Tail and did 400miles. Tried riding about 50miles with it up but ended up doing the other 350 with it slammed. My butt hurt more with it up because you sit in a different position on the seat. I've had mine slammed since I got it so I have my comfort spot worn in I guess.

The money part does suck...royally. They give you 30days to turn it back in, but as soon as I got it I ended up having to go to NTC for military duty so didnt get back until after the 30days had expired. At that point, figured might as well put it on. I actually broke my jack trying to get the shocks off so add another hundred bucks to the cost. :-/. Next project is raking it out more.
I got snowed on one year at NTC....Then got lost somewhere behind a big rock formation called the whale back? Whale hump? Danged Aviators. We were such retards in the field!!

I think I'm gonna try a set of progressive 422's and see how they work before I throw good money at something like you I will probably never utilize enough to justify its cost.

I dont mind the hardtail feel either. I aint going touring on my Sled so....It needs to be as low as possible whilst retaining some semblance of ridability! The only issue as the poster above eluded to is hitting those bumps at 80 MPH on the freeway. Man thats a trip...A bad trip!

Old 08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer

Originally Posted by dmp
I couldn't ride mine with out it. Slammed is cool around town but if you're gonna ride it seriously, you have to put some air in it, the rocker ride like a pile o $#!T when it's slammed. On the Freeway at 80+ and hit a bump with no air.. and I guarantee the next time you'll remember to air it up.
I guess it depends on the rider. I rode mine 350miles in a day w/ no air and I've done those length of trips several times. I've had mine slammed since I've had it though so I guess I'm just used to it. I used to hit my nutts on the seat which didnt feel too good but I guess I figured out how to sit better on it cause that rarely happens now even with big bumps going 80+. But yeah, you'll get thrown a good bit off the seat.