Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bare knuckles chopper

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:34 AM
gambueller1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bare knuckles chopper

Okay I posted this in the custom section but there probably isn't as much traffic as over here. Now I know this isn't a softail, but it seems to me you guys are pretty insightful. So with that being said, I am curious about what you think by looking at these two very basic pictures what you would pony up for this bike? I am not looking for replys of, "if you think it is worth it then doesn't matter how much" types, I am just looking at ball park numbers. Yes the bike is not completely painted, and I found it for sale in a forum as a 2005 special construction. Again, I am just thinking of rough ideas based off of frame, motor, tranny, primary, and front end so very rough.

Attached Thumbnails bare knuckles chopper-scan0013-4.jpg   bare knuckles chopper-l_c4a605fde72423663b8c4af4c0d70d6e.jpg  
Old 08-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldnt pony up a dime over 8 grand. Market is hard on the customs right now. I like the fact it has an S&S and not an Ultima.....What a Bare Knuckles roller cost nowadays 5 grand? Add a motor and a bunch blood sweat and gears....Guys got what 16-18 grand spent on it?

Its worth half.

8 Grand IMO.

Heres what the last months worth have sold for or not sold on E-Bay:http://motors.completed.shop.ebay.co...=&_osacat=6024

Old 08-22-2009, 11:17 AM
gambueller1
Cruiser
Cool to pony or not to pony

Chaz I figured you would chime in with some insight. I agree with you about it.. the rollers (full set up that is) are running roughly 7k new, but still I agree with your figures...... time to hagle.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:23 AM
spike95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it wired and ready to run already or is it just a pretty piece of art? Also, is it titled yet? I think going through that P.I.T.A. would affect the price for me. If it is good to go other than the paint then I'd probably pay $10-12K if it is what you really like. If you are like me and would want to change that bike up a lot then it's probably worth less because it then becomes basically a nice collection of parts instead of a bike.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
gambueller1
Cruiser

It is running and very strong from a video that I saw of the bike itself. I don't think I would want to change up much.

Spike, sounds to me like you have experience titling a custom built bike? He tells me he has original MSO for the engine, transmission, and frame. As I am still undecided and still in Iraq, I was curious if since you are in Houston do you really know how much of a P.I.T.A it is? Should I take the plunge some insight would be helpful.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:20 PM
fallenspringer
Cruiser

First thought when I saw the bike was that if I was to compare this bikes to women this one would be the anorexic coke addict ... nothing against the bike though ... just what I saw when I looked at it.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:05 PM
spike95
Road Master

Originally Posted by gambueller1
It is running and very strong from a video that I saw of the bike itself. I don't think I would want to change up much.

Spike, sounds to me like you have experience titling a custom built bike? He tells me he has original MSO for the engine, transmission, and frame. As I am still undecided and still in Iraq, I was curious if since you are in Houston do you really know how much of a P.I.T.A it is? Should I take the plunge some insight would be helpful.
Sorry, haven't done it personally. I just meet lots of people with custom built bikes through my leather work and they say it can get pretty involved.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:01 PM
94fatboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by gambueller1

I have built bikes for several years and have titled quite a few "special construction"....I have had it done quickly and had it take over 2 months to get my paperwork done. It all just depends on how much homework the officer wants to be. The last one I did was tough because he didnt like how the motor vin number looked and wanted to track its history. He took the motor all the way back to when it was born on the HD line. Took quite awhile to get the info.....

Old 08-22-2009, 03:59 PM
RedBen
Cruiser

Special construction bikes have special restrictions if it's not EPA compliant. Stuff like, you can only own one non-EPA compliant bike in your lifetime, have to own it for 5 years before you sell it, etc. You might want to google the particularities of the state you intend to register it in whether or not it's been registered before.

I'd say if you were going to build it new yourself, you're looking at maybe $17 grand in parts for what's there.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:30 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
I wouldnt pony up a dime over 8 grand. Market is hard on the customs right now. I like the fact it has an S&S and not an Ultima.....What a Bare Knuckles roller cost nowadays 5 grand? Add a motor and a bunch blood sweat and gears....Guys got what 16-18 grand spent on it?

Its worth half.

8 Grand IMO.
That was about the same ballpark I was gonna say. Special construction and uncompleted kit/rollers have really tanked. Got a friend who has a complete Softail roller he's been trying to sell with a lot of great extras and he's not even getting a nibble around that price.