Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Badass Solo Bag Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:19 AM
yep
Account Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see why you would have to get rid of the pass peg ... I could see it getting close to there heel but it will never rub it since its part of the swingarm and thatpeg is even with the pivot point for the arm ...

Old 08-22-2009, 10:41 AM
GunmetalBlueNT
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bag looks cool, but the function of it is minimal with its small size(but maybe you dont need to carry much so this could be a moot point of course). I also question the safety of having a leather bag strapped so close to the belt and pulley, even the pavement without a guard. Better off with detachables if you don't like the look of bags full time.

Last edited by GunmetalBlueNT; 08-22-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 AM
yep
Account Suspended

I have never scraped mine but I also dont go into turns draggin my knee .... the bag is in the proximaty of the belt but not in anyway going to touch it ... your tire has a better chance of getting into your belt ... as for carrying capacity I can get a rain jacket and tools in there and a soda if I feel like it ... dont really need much else ....

Old 08-22-2009, 11:55 AM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Plasteredcat
Ok a couple of questions who's seat is that?

Second the if you have the bag on do you have to remove the second riders foot pegs... I hate bags but that one i would have on my bike to through stuff in on a trip.
It's a Saddlemen tattoo seat. Very comfortable. Got it from Dennis Kirk.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:56 AM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by yep
I have never scraped mine but I also dont go into turns draggin my knee .... the bag is in the proximaty of the belt but not in anyway going to touch it ... your tire has a better chance of getting into your belt ... as for carrying capacity I can get a rain jacket and tools in there and a soda if I feel like it ... dont really need much else ....

Old 08-22-2009, 01:02 PM
GunmetalBlueNT
Banned

Originally Posted by yep

The tires are hard rubber, ridgid and mounted to a wheel. I have had a few nasty blowouts and never had a tire shred into the belt drive. That bag tho I am assuming is mounted by leather straps which will stretch and wear. More chance of that being a hazard. I would love to see some pics of the back of the bag tho and how they specifically mount. I like the idea and think its cool looking, but unless there is some type of plastic or metal shield mount plate Id still think twice about that type of setup. They make bag mounts and guards for a reason.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:12 PM
yep
Account Suspended

the bag flat mounts to the swingarm with zipties .... nothing but the ties rap around the swingarm.... I was thinking just what you are ... so I made the bag so the ziptie goes thru the bag around the swingarm and back into the bag where it zips together .....

Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

This bag is hard as a rock, so I don't think you have to worry about it getting into the belt. Like Yep said, it is mounted with zipties, instead of the leather straps, which I hate by the way. If anything, it would come loose and fall off. I put my belt guard back on though, awhile back, so I am not worried in the least. Lots and lots of people use bags like this, and I have yet to hear anyone with a bag in the belt story.

On a side note though, I did have one of those HD tool bags mounted there once. I was riding to the HD dealer one afternoon, in high winds, and it flopped up into the belt. Never really knew it though until I got to the dealer and saw my bag shredded into pieces. That could of been a VERY bad deal and I was lucky that day.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iiweeldman
It’s very unfortunate that people have to put others down without knowing them or their ideals. I just wanted set the record straight. That’s all.

-Scott
In all relevance Scott....What the fvck are you even talking about Bro?

Putting people down?, Ideals?, Knowing them?

You lost me Mang!!

So far as the safety issues? Man these bags are all thick *** leather. I have ran one without a belt guard for the last 6,000 miles. Of all the chit I worry could go wrong with my bike out on the road the thought of that thick stiff leather somehow getting suddenly getting soft enough to feed its way into my belt drive ranks up at concern number 1,129,537.

The chances of a flying squirrel dive bombing, blinding me, making me crash in the ditch and stealing my pack of Kool's is a bigger concern!!

Seriously.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 08-22-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lickscycles
record straight......thanks man
I bet that record would be even straighter if some of you guys who join just to sell yer' stuff actually posted about something other than just your product?

You and your lil' sidekick came in on a thread where we were discussing the virtues of some handmade custom bags that a fellow member here makes.

Show some class Bro. Were I some bigshot company like Licks I sure wouldnt be posting some bullshit "Record Straight" here.

So the day when bigshot company ****'s are busting in on threads in the Lil' ol' softail section talking some asshattery about putting "People"? down and not knowing them or there "Ideals" setting any fvcking thing straight will be the day I make my last post.

Quick Reply: Badass Solo Bag Installed!!