Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy rear lowered

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:03 PM
roundman327
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowered fatboy

lowered mine as soon as i got it love a fatboy with the low stance

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy rear lowered-gun-002.jpg  
Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Had mine lowered and scraped in the twisties, especially 2up. Put it back to stock and still scrape, just less often. Love the looks, not the functionality. Dont you guys scrape? Do you live where the roads are mostly straight? Curious... Just last Sundays ride all of us were nailing the floor boards several times - Baggers, my FB, a Heritage, a Road King, even some guys Honda cruiser...

Old 08-21-2009, 06:50 PM
dub976
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Had mine lowered and scraped in the twisties, especially 2up. Put it back to stock and still scrape, just less often. Love the looks, not the functionality. Dont you guys scrape? Do you live where the roads are mostly straight? Curious... Just last Sundays ride all of us were nailing the floor boards several times - Baggers, my FB, a Heritage, a Road King, even some guys Honda cruiser...
I live in IL (crappy twistys) and still scrap'em. hence the fact that I'm still siting stock. looks great lowered but... maybe those who are lowered and don't scrap only ride to the dealership and back.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
roundman327
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i scrape alot live near the north georgia mountains so plenty of twisties just perfer the lowered stance and put up with the srapping hear and there

Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Plasteredcat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I scrape going around corners and when my wife is one the back she freaks out... It doesn't bother me i know its gonna happen

Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is lowered in the rear and I've never scraped either side. North Texas doesn't have a lot of twisties but I've ridden in the mountains and never scraped either.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:59 PM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks good be cool they do scrape

Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
kkinderen
Road Master

What is wrong with scraping? It's just floorboards for crying out loud. Lowered 2 front and rear. Figure new floorboards coming soon.

My big problem is getting the rear adjusted right. I've got to work on it more because I'm hitting the rubber stop. My back is killing me. Others say their ride is smooth so I have some work to do.

Before:

Old 08-22-2009, 06:20 AM
jd8181
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kkinderen
What is wrong with scraping? It's just floorboards for crying out loud.

My big problem is getting the rear adjusted right. I've got to work on it more because I'm hitting the rubber stop. My back is killing me. Others say their ride is smooth so I have some work to do.
+1
yeah the floorborad scraped some before and now alittle more. no biggie
the fatboy rode really smooth after it was lowered... my trainn on the other hand is reallllly stiff, so i'm still tring to find a smooth spot for it

Old 08-22-2009, 11:28 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lowering a softail is simply pushing the swing arm further away from the frame... two ways to do this are 1. using the stock shock, add the extension kit which makes the arm longer... or 2. replace the stock shocks with longer aftermarket shocks. To keep from bottoming out adjust the shock tension... then loosen the floorboards and scrape away... I am on my third set... but I ride the twisty's aggressively... if you just cruise them you shouldn't scrape that much.

Last edited by handyhoward; 08-22-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Fatboy rear lowered