Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes a good bobbed rear fender for a Night Train with external struts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
DarkTrak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrome-dome-dave
Its a milwaukee rear fender, with the built in ecm tray. I had to cut my rear fender horns off, and it bolted right on. After I got it bolted on I took my badlander seat, removed the pading and placed the seat under the frame in the front and taped the rear down on the fender. Then I took a torch or heat gun and reformed the seat pan to fit the aftermarket fender as you heat it use a 2x4 or something to push on the plastic to mold it and hold it there for a second to let it cool to take shape. Then after you get it you can either cut the rear of the pan and pad to have a solo seat or leave it with the pillion pad. The fender is actually shorter than how it came I cut about 6" off of it. Anymore questions let me know, or if you want anymore pics let me know.
I assume the same would go for my stock seat if I wanted to try to make it into a solo?? Remove cover, remove padding, cut plastic pan, install and trim padding, and re-staple cover on?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:43 AM
grumpez
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do believe Milwaukee Iron has gone out of business. I went to check out their website today and it came up with "Auctioning everything" banner, including the building. That's really a shame, I hate to see business' go under.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:49 AM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkTrak
I assume the same would go for my stock seat if I wanted to try to make it into a solo?? Remove cover, remove padding, cut plastic pan, install and trim padding, and re-staple cover on?
If its a harley seat than yea, but you will have to heat the seat pan while everything is off and form it to the new fender. I got mine from J&P, they have with or without the fenders struts.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:50 AM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Also if your just running a single seat you can buy a fender blank and bolt it straight to the fender horns on the bike and fit the seat as before.