Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to price my Heritage for sale, any feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Bike is priced fair... Probably do $11,000-$11,800 on it.

Heres what they have been bringing on Flea-Bay:http://motors.completed.shop.ebay.co...=&_osacat=6024

Market is chit. Not your fault for sure. Would you take $11,500 today cash money? If so put the bike on multiple craigslists at your bottom bottom dollar price and take out all the no joyrides, reasonable offers, Serious folks blah, blah, blah...That all sounds shitty in this tough economy.

Your ad should be welcoming and you should have a now phone number for a now buyer. E-Mail and I'll get back to you? Make sure you are soooper extra serious? You aint selling a Luxury Home in Bel Air. You have a 7 year old Motorcycle. Make it easier to get the fvcker bought!!

I dunno anyone who is gonna take time outta the day just to come ride your 03' Heritage when they can go ride every 2010 Harley builds free of charge no questions asked with a cup of coffee or a cold soda provided betwen joyrides......Why in the hell would they wanna come joyride an old 03' Heritage??

Your bike is sweet. It will sell. Market it correctly. Put your own lowball price in the ad without adding any bullshat "I'm extra firm" or "Non-Negotiable"....Take the whole story of the dents and chips off your ad. The bike is 7 years old. Let it sell itself.

Just your very lowest lowball price without any negativity and a phone number where a guy can call you now before the dealer gets him for 20 grand!!

BTW...I would put come take it for a ride in your ad. Most serious guys will like that. Just ask the marketing gurus at Harley!! What if they advertised like you?

No test rides. Be sooper extra serious. E-Mail us and we will get back to you. Cash talks. Our bikes have a few dings. Do not make us any lowball offers. Etc..etc..

HD would have a hard time giving away a bike with that type of advertising....Kinda like you!

Not trying to bust yer' *****. Just trying to point you the right direction. 12 years of managing new car stores makes it hard to bite my tongue!!
This is by far the best response I have seen on this forum. It is well written, thought provoking, and a good idea. I would say listen to the man.

Last edited by HDChloe; 08-18-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
xtnctss
Novice

Thanks again everyone. Reality isn't always the most pleasant thing but it is what it is and I appreciate the input. I just need to decide how low to go and see what happens.

I'm kind of waiting to see if some of my other toys sell. I'm trying to sell snowmobiles and trailer and a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan - I've got them priced way cheap and if they are gone soon, I may decide to keep the bike.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by xtnctss
Is it a bad time to sell (as we are well into the season)?

Worst time to sell in 106 years.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 AM
jphillips97
Intermediate

I have recently sold a metric on cycle trader. Browse similar bikes and undercut them if you can afford to. Not to be dirty, but if you can afford less it will sell you bike. When people are shopping they query the bike they want and them sort them by price; make yours the top of that list

Old 08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

........ I'd take OFF that Fairing, AND post a Better Pic....

Old 08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

If you use photobucket you can paste the html link directly into the ad and have much larger pics in the ad. Ignore the CL pic posting thing.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are pretty close at 12,400.00. Probably 11.2 - 11.4K is more realistically what you should expect. I searched for several weeks for a Fatboy for my wife and ended up finding one with 12K miles for 10K. Lots of chrome and a good solid foundation to work with. She's happy, I'm happy.....the world is good. I don't know where these guys are finding low mileage big twins for ~8K, but it ain't souther virginia......

Shakey