Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 06:52 PM
01NightTrain
|
Advanced
Default New Seat

Hello all I am kinda new to this but I just purchased my first harley a 2001 night train. I have a few questions but the most important one being the person who had it before me changed the stock seat out to a sundowner deep bucket and it pushes me way too far forward just trying to see from other members what they use. Its hard for me to form an opinion without being able to actually sit on the seat so I just am trying to get a feel for what everyone else is using. Thanks in advance for the help

Old 08-17-2009 | 07:50 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

The Badlander strikes me as a top pick in the Night Train world...

The Baddie sits you just right and gives yer lady a nice lil' spot as well yet still looks...."Tuff"?

I use the Le Pera Bare Bones cuz' I like the pain.

Think Badlander.

Heres what they look like:

Man thats like a dorky yearbook photo from back in the day!! Yeah all of 8 months ago......

Old 08-17-2009 | 08:25 PM
01NightTrain
|
Advanced

Yes I like the badlander alot too but I run into the problem of two up riding my wife really wants to ride too but thats gonna be a bit of a pain for her. What about these C&C touring seats people are talking about any word about those of maybe a decent looking other brand of a seat?

Old 08-17-2009 | 08:28 PM
anubisss
Banned

My bike had a sidekick on it when I bought it. It puts you low and back. I found it quite comfy till I got a solo seat. I don't know about the badlander, but the sidekicks comed with cool stitching patterns too. Mine has flames.

Old 08-17-2009 | 08:48 PM
01NightTrain
|
Advanced

I like that seat too but when I go to the harley website I dont know how accurate it is says for an 01 night train there is only a select few that fit I would think a softtail seat is universal for all softtails but I guess this isnt so. That seat wont fit it says. Too confusing

Old 08-17-2009 | 11:36 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by 01NightTrain
Yes I like the badlander alot too but I run into the problem of two up riding my wife really wants to ride too but thats gonna be a bit of a pain for her. What about these C&C touring seats people are talking about any word about those of maybe a decent looking other brand of a seat?

Heres whatcha do....

Since it takes all of 3.6 minutes to swap out seats....

Get you a badass solo for when you are ridng alone and wanna sit way back and badass like.

Buy a cruiser overstuffed couch seat for those days the old lady wants in on the action....

I actually had 3 seats. I had my big azz couch like Sundowner cuz' my lady tricked me into it and still didnt wanna ride.

I had my badlander for running around on.

Then I bought the Le Pera solo gel seat for when I was going full solo hardcore sore *** style.

Since I bolted on that Le Pera?

I sold the sundowner to a fellow member and the badlander is hanging on wall covered in dust and unused!

Buy two seats. Its only money. Your money!

Old 08-18-2009 | 12:05 AM
gforrest2
Road Captain

IMHO...the cooler the seat, the worse it feels. Me? I go for looks over comfort

Old 08-18-2009 | 05:55 PM
01NightTrain
|
Advanced

I agree with all of you I too think I will go ahead and go looks over comfort. Was thinking about it today though and still think I am gonna have to put extenders on the forward controls. Anyone have any experience with these? The ones I am looking at push them out another three inches and are from jp cycles

Old 08-18-2009 | 06:17 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the new scoot... I agree wit the above post the kewler the seat the harder it is, but kewl aint cheap...

Old 08-19-2009 | 08:44 AM
Havanacigar
Tourer

2 seats, one C&C solo thats awsome and one Harley Nightrain 2 up for the wife, that seat is hard to find...they stopped making it I believe. it's a couch, she loves it and It dosent look too bad on the bike. I also have the ness forward extension kit, it was the first and best mod I made to my bike and highly recomend it.

Two up

Quick Reply: New Seat