Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train/Wide Glide Front end drop. Comparison Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 02:15 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Hence you get to enjoy the savings of not having to dick around with the thang!!

You know its funny. If you go to the HD.com website and look up the 2009 model night train and go to the 360 degree viewer deal??

Well here see for yourself:http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...S#/model/fxstb

Now thats either photoshopped to the max or Moco went and fabbed up a set of shorty tubes for the bike in the marketing photos Cuz' Brother that thing is straight slammed!!
damm. Good eye, you're right. that 360 view pic makes it look like a put a freakin lift kit on the front of mine.

Old 08-17-2009 | 02:36 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
damm. Good eye, you're right. that 360 view pic makes it look like a put a freakin lift kit on the front of mine.
Egg-Zackly.

Them sneaky fvckers up at Harley marketing know whats up.

I wunner how many of the other bikes are cleverly modded or photoshopped to be nowhere near what the stocker looks like?

That particular one is just so blatant.

They didnt dick up this Custom though:http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US.../fxstc/gallery

Last edited by Chazmanian; 08-17-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:54 PM
lucospock
Tourer

CHAZMANIAN our SHAMAN....

Old 08-17-2009 | 03:06 PM
Damage_Inc
Tourer

"How quickly the fine folks here at HDF.com will foprget my failed attemp at doing some type of night train beach cruiser board track racer!

That was 8 hours of my life I'll never get back...Ever!"

Ha Ha Ha...I guess I did forget about that but I thought it was going to look good and the idea was sound, it just didn't turn out the way you hoped. You just have a real eye for aesthetics and how you want your chit to look. I'll stop the love in before peeps get the wrong idea LOL!!

Old 08-17-2009 | 03:34 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Nice work Chaz. Although I tend to like the longer front ends and the more laid back look; your bike looks great!

Old 08-17-2009 | 03:52 PM
dubless
Intermediate

Bike's looking killer Chaz. Nice stance!

I've always liked a stubby front end on a stock rake bike. On my black version I went 4 under tubes, FLHT progressive springs. White bike, 2 under tubes, same FLHT springs and I believe a .75" spacer (been a while). Anyhow I'm back to the 4 unders with the new look.

Old 08-17-2009 | 03:57 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks real good low and slow...

Old 08-17-2009 | 05:53 PM
mstng5point0
Road Captain

So i gotta ask cause it looks sick. i have progressive kit but i dont belive its the drop-in one. My front end is down 1 inch now. if i use the spring kit to go down 2 inches and get 2 inch shorter tubes i can basically get the same look?

Old 08-17-2009 | 07:14 PM
WoodsHog
Tourer

Nice!Really looks good!I gotta say Chaz,you really keep this forum interesting.Very informative and entertaining!

Old 08-17-2009 | 07:43 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by mstng5point0
So i gotta ask cause it looks sick. i have progressive kit but i dont belive its the drop-in one. My front end is down 1 inch now. if i use the spring kit to go down 2 inches and get 2 inch shorter tubes i can basically get the same look?
Mine isnt the drop in kits either. I used the progressive kit with all the springs as directed in the instructions to achieve a 2" drop. I also cot about 1/3" off the PVC pipe included in said kit.

So what you see there in my sig pic is what you are describing. 2 under tubes, 2" progressive kit, lil' bit cut off the PVC pipe. Not so low as to be show bike silly and unridable. Actually more ridable as it handles so much better and makes the floppy Sloptail front end feel almost Dyna narrow glide tight. Emphasis on "Almost" LOL!
Nice!Really looks good!I gotta say Chaz,you really keep this forum interesting.Very informative and entertaining!
Thanks Hog! You know I sit at my office desk and my day passes so much quicker when I avoid doing any real work. Quick books? It can wait...Spreadsheets? Eff that.

My day flies by dillicking around with you Hoodlums. Glad Y'all let me hang around!!

Quick Reply: Night Train/Wide Glide Front end drop. Comparison Pics!!